White sand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White sand

Anyone know where to get white pool filter sand?  I have been to many pool stores and have come up empty. Thanks FF

Re: White sand

It's not gonna be white.....more like an tan color.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yeah thats all I have been able to find. On Cyphos, there are some tanks with some white I mean WHITE sand and I love the look. I just don't want to go all the way to California or Florida for sand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There are other options.....

aragonite is white
        estes marine sand comes in different colors but has no buffering properties
        I think there is a white tahittian moon sand that's sold at petco/petsmart
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

That white sand that you are referring to is available at most pet stores. It is just TOO expensive. It's like over $1/pound and most times you put a pound per gallon in your tank so it can get real expensive. Guess it's worth it if you have some nice fish and setup to go along with that silky sand.
          210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
          125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Try white sandblasting sand. Really white, inexpensive and very fine. Just clean really well. You should be able to get it at Home Depot
            All men are created equal but his choices determine his value and what's in his heart determines his worth.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Comment

Homedepot and Lowes rent out sandblasters that can use regular play sand, so they decided to stop carrying sandblasting sand.

Comment

I think I've seen some at Homedepot.  You might have to try a few before you find one that has it though.
                So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

I'll try the ole Home depot and even Lowes. We'll see what they have.

Comment

Fish Ranch or seahorse place has some white rebagged sand under where they keep the bettas.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I'll talk to my guy who got me all that black sand and see if there is any white to have.....more later on this.

CF
                      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

the sandblasting sand (sugar sand) looks great - very bright white.  not sure how you would wash it... the stuff is pretty light and seems like it would all wash away.  wish i knew how before i poured it into my tank.  took days to settle out.

Comment

Do welding shops have sandblasting sand? Not sure were to look for it.

Comment

If you have a family member who is in construction, ask them if they have any contacts with someone who sandblasts, or, try a concrete contractor for help too.

CF
                            Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Working...
                            X