Leaking Oceanic 200???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Oceanic 200???

Need some advice; 200 gal. Oceanic in place for 2 yrs. Came home yesterday and tank was leaking. Appears  leak is from bottom left area. Not from connections or pumps, etc.  Moved fish and substrate. getting  ready to re-caulk entire lower tank. Any one have expertise in this area? Appreciate any advise or guidance. Thanks a lot.
    Tommy

Re: Leaking Oceanic 200???

Not me, but theres a lot of people here that have resealed tanks and im sure they'll chip in.

Comment

i know this dont help, but you could just let me come pick it up and take that leaky tank off your hands.  go get a new one. you dont want a leaker. lol.  

people told me to reseal everything when you do it.  razorblade out ALL silicon,  and start from scratch.   do all seams,  bottom, top, sides everything.  i did a 10g looked like **** but it holds water

Comment

I don't know if you have had the tank for two years, or its two years old. But in the case that its 2 years old it is still under warranty. If its the case that its not in warranty and you got to reseal, mrairportjunky is right for once. cut out all old silicone and start from scratch. Espicially on a tank that size, i would defanantly take the time to do the whole thing.

Regards

Mike
        Resident BUM !!!

Comment

BTW 100% SILICONE ONLY doesnt matter what brand.
          Resident BUM !!!

Comment

wow.  im right for ONCE.  man. you coulda at least give me credit for TWICE.  lol

Comment

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.

Comment

These are bound to help:

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.

Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Working...
                X