cycle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cycle question

hey if i have a small tank, and i take a filter from an established tank thats been up for over a yr, can i put it on the new tank, and consider it cycled or will it still go through a mini cycle? i think i konw the answer but i wanna know your thoughs

Re: cycle question

As long as you leave the filter on the tank. Then its cycled.

Comment

I have been that for years now & added fish within a few hours. Never had any problems with mini cycle.
      Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
      Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
      Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

cool. now can i take that filter off say in 2 or 3 months after the second filter i put on the tank is cycled up with it??

Comment

Shouldnt take 2-3 months. Maybe 2-3 weeks. I just leave it on the new tank till i need it again.

Comment

sounds great thanks guys.  love the box.

Comment

HEY ONE LAST QUESTION ABOUT CYCLING..

I HAVE A FILTER THAT SUCKS.  WALMART BRAND ONE.  DONT KNOW THE BRAND.BUT ITS GOT THE BIOWHEEL AND THE FILTER CATRIDGE SETUP HOB KIND.  WELL IF IT GETS THE SLITTEST DIRTY IT DONT WORK WORTH A POOP.  BUT, I WAS GOING TO USE JUST THE BIO WHEEL ON THE FILTER WITH NO FILTER FOR BIOLOGICAL SPARE.  HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR THE BIOLOGICAL ON THAT FILTERS BIOWHEEEL TO BE GOOD ENOUGH TO RUN ON A HOSPITAL TANK TO QT SOME FISH?

Comment

BUMP  for my how long will it take for Bio to be good on a bio wheel if i start with a used wheel that has dried up???

Comment

Porbably 2-3 weeks on an already cycled tank will get it started, then the new tank will have a shorter cycle as its already seeded.

Comment

SWEET.  thanks bro.

Comment

Working...
                    X