Leporinus fasciatus redish color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leporinus fasciatus redish color

my Leporinus fasciatus over the last couple weeks his top half of his body has turned a pinkish color.  today i noticed around his mouth that his undercheeks area is red.  what is this and what causes it?  what do i do about it?  tank parameters are good.  tomorrow is my water change day so im gonna do that but hes eating normal, and acting normal.  i try to get a pic but the tank hes in was a freebie 75 gallon and its scratched up bad so pics wont come out.  plus he hides 24//7 in a tree stump thing.

Re: Leporinus fasciatus redish color

Who else is in the tank with him? Are they showing any signs of this, or is it just him?

What do you mean by "undercheeks area?"

Is the pink color splotchy, or is it pretty uniform? How do his fins look?

If you can, post the parameters, or if you don't have them, do you remember if you saw any ammonia or nitrite?
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

severums, jack dempseys and no one has any problems.  
      undercheeks like under his mouth
      pink color is the exact top half of his body and around the lower portion of his mouth is red
      fins look great
      ammonia and nitrite where and are 0

Comment

SO NO BODYS GOT ANY IDEAS?  ME NEITHER.  LOL.  IVe looked ttrhough all my books and it could be a liver disease to a parasite bacterial infection thing.  so i dont konw.  could infect and kill everyone and couldnt i dont know.  havent found a treatment for any of it unless medicated food but i dont konw

Comment

try posting pictures.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

They really would help. Anything.

If I were you, I'd quarantine him, though, and do lots of water changes on the QT.
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Thump it.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

yeah.  thump it is what im thinkin. lol.  i tryed to qt him.  HE FREAKED THE F........ OUT  damn near killed himself.  he went NUTS.  i had to put him back in the tank.  this is a rescued fish of sorts.  i got him from the neigbors wit the 75 hes in but they hardly ever feed him , never interacted with him at all so hes a nut job.  i tried to do pics but the tank is so scratched i cant get any to come out.  ill try again later

Comment

Working...
                X