easy simple wetdry would it work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easy simple wetdry would it work

hey, y couldnt i put an intake in the tank with a hole drilled in it at a predetermined hight for a siphon break if power went out.  Then put the end of the siphon hose into the wetdry and let it trickle in, but a pump to pump the water up to the top of the tank?  yall told me about those HOB siphon things for the wetdrys but i dont have room. thats y im still tryin to figure something else out?  would it work and if not y?
    only problem i can come up with is if i let the water go below the hole i drill for siphon break or somehow fish splash water away from it and then pump runs dry.

Re: easy simple wetdry would it work

It will work but it won't be as efficient and every single time you go to do water changes you will have a siphon break which will need to be primed again.....IMO a lot of trouble so just go with another canister or something.

If you are on a constraint eshopps makes a thin overflow box which only requires 3" of room from the tank to the wall.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

If you drill it about 3/4 of an inch below the water line fish could not splash enought water to break the siphon.
      Have something to plug up the hole for when you do water changing to keep the siphon from breaking like a toothpick.
      Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
      Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
      Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

yeah.  i could plug the hole.  that would would be easly done.  

and yeah the 3" from the wall is too much.  lol. i iknow it sounds STUPID but i only have 1" between the wall and the tank and I cant go out any further.  i do have 2 canisters on it.  I hate cleaning the canisters.  HATE IT. lol.

Comment

Set up the canisters for Bio only.....I have most of mine that way so I really never have to clean them.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

what do you do about filtration?  the mechanical part the sponge?

Comment

Working...
            X