Puntius denisonii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puntius denisonii

I have seen many websites devoted to this fish (redline torpedo, rose line shark et cetera) and all of them say: sex differences - unknown. My P. denisonii are about 5" now and I do see some sex dimorphism.  I was wondering if any of you who have this beautiful fish in your tank can distinguish male from female. Do we see the same differences or maybe this is just my imagination. Please speak up and try to be very specific. Maybe we can make some progress in morphological description of this fish. What is your observation?

Re: Puntius denisonii

Are you going to wait until someone replies to tell us what sexual dimorphism you see?! It's a good idea, just in case, but now I'm curious.  :)  And I don't have any P. denisonii to observe.  :(
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Just for the record, Mzungu I am not going to wait until someone will tell us what  I see. That is a nonsense. I was curious if somebody else noticed any difference between male and female, but it looks like people on this forum are not interested in this fish. Maybe because it is not a siclid  

Comment

dude id help out but i had to google like 5 words.  LOL.  sorry

Comment

mrairportjunke,
          That is a misunderstanding, if you don't have this fish you can't help. Sorry that you waisted your time but appreciate your concern.

Comment

u aint wastin my time.  maybe ur wastin yours.  dunno  maybe post some pics of a male and female or what you think there of and maybe we can spot the differences or not as well

Comment

I had two Puntiu denisonii  for a couple of years. Aside from noticing a size difference (which I attributed to agressiveness during feeding), I noticed no difference. Perhaps I got two of the same sex.  :?
              Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
              Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
              Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
              Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

u got transexusl puntiu denisonii's armthehomeless.  looks like a women buts buffed up like a man.  scary

Comment

Originally posted by Bogdan";p="
                  Just for the record, Mzungu I am not going to wait until someone will tell us what  I see. That is a nonsense.
                  :think:

I don't get it. I was just wondering if you were going to tell us what you had observed. Sometimes, in lots of different situations, telling what one sees can have a great influence on what another sees (kinda like in witness statements and such). And sometimes that's not desireable. So that's why I was curious.

P.S. I don't own any cichlids...
                  "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

and im outta the discussion cause for sure he nows i dont own any.  ahah.  or do i?

Comment

I have a small group of them all between 3-4". Besides the slight difference in size I really do not see a difference in the fish. Maybe you could shed some of your insight....

Comment

Mzungu,
                        Bingo, that is exactly this case. I didn't say what I found because I didn't want to influence others.  :clap:  

mrairportjunke
                        I apologize, I know it is difficult and that is my fault.  :aua:

Ranakalea
                        I think yours are not fully colored yet, give them more time. Tip: take a good look at the colors on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogdan";p="
                          Just for the record, Mzungu I am not going to wait until someone will tell us what  I see. That is a nonsense. I was curious if somebody else noticed any difference between male and female, but it looks like people on this forum are not interested in this fish. Maybe because it is not a siclid  
                          They aren't live bearers, shrimp or bettas. There goes about every one on the forum. I'll have a look at them next time I see some and see if there is anything that could be dimorphism. Unless its behavioral, I won't sit around long enough to notice.

Comment

Working...
                          X