Anybody heard of Fish Haven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody heard of Fish Haven?

Can't say that I have, though it doesn't look too far away from me. I didn't think Hwy 249 went that far north, unless mapquest is wrong (a real possibility). Maybe I'll go look for it after I hit Mike's tomorrow.

Comment

249 goes almost to Magnolia, then splits into 149 and an fm rd. It splits right after the seafood restaurant in the shape of a ship.
      Ive never seen it tho.

Comment

I think I googled it once....you plan on making the trip out there?
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I stopped in there twice. first time was a mom and pop workin there. second a younger guy. They sell baby turtles and green spotted puffers that didn't look too good (ick) So I personally wouldn't buy from them.
          They did have a few discus but they seemed overpriced to me.

The show tank at the front door was impressive with a few large discus.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
          n

Comment

I was there last weekend. Didn't have much that I could see and their accessories seem a bit high in price.

EC

Comment

I cant believe ive never seen it. Ive driven past the area a hundred times. I might pop in next time im in the area, but from the feedback here i wont plan a special trip out there.

Comment

Who doesn't sell baby turtles?
                Ich on a spotter puffer is about the norm....I mean they do go through a lot of stress to get here.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Okay, finally made it out because I wanted check out their discus. Easy to miss place, it's just a small store front in a shopping center, by a Subway I think. It was pretty tidy and uncluttered for such a small store and it was even carpeted!? There was just one lady working there who didn't seem too friendly at first but warmed up a little after I complimented her on the pigeon blood discus in the store display. They did have more discus varieties than most other LFS's I've been to, but nothing particularly rare and they did seem a bit pricey. They had a huge selection of guppies and the brackish water fish were in brackish water tanks. The dry goods were way over-priced, I saw a few that were probably over MSRP. The koi also seemed very expensive for such low grades. Otherwise, livestock prices were okay, but no bargains. Also had a small saltwater section. Stop by if you're in the area, but I don't really think it'd be worth driving across town or anything. I was itching to buy some fish and left without anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X