2 filters i wanna konw whos got and reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 filters i wanna konw whos got and reviews

does anyone have a rapids mini canister filter,  if so how do you like it, and do you make your own filters for it??

next is a new equipment im lookin at getting.  its a Subcurrent internal wet/dry filter.  i am designing a paludarium tank and would like to try to incoporate either this filter or the canister or design my own and build it outta plexiglass.  actually have some good ideas but still in the design stage.  if anyone has these or knows who does please fill me in.  

would the canister work.   i dont think it could get the water all the way up the tank if its only say half full?

Re: 2 filters i wanna konw whos got and reviews

Canister filters will work with the tank less than half full. You just need the inlet under the water level and a siphon. Ask Tiapan. He's got a 55 gallon running off of a canister with 10 gallons of water in it!

I have no personal experience with either of those brands though.
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

hum. nice.  yeah i guess once its siphoned that it would be ok as long as it doesnt suck are.  i now my canister will suck until it gets about half way down the pipe but i think it stops then cause it gets a little more air than it can handle just throught the connections but if i had the hose all the way to the water level then i wouldnt have to worry about air.  

hey tiapan, dont you have reptiles too?  but how do you ahve 10 gallons in a 55.  you have it to one side or just the bottom and if so what you have in there?

Comment

Yup, as long as you aren't sucking air, you'll be fine.

He has leleupi, calvus, and brichardi in the 55. There is water at the bottom of the 55 only. This is only temporary (I hope!)

I was over at his place a couple days ago helping him move tanks.

Tiapan does have a great deal of experince with reptiles. You may want to consider PMing him
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?

Comment

yeah i may have too. i think i met that guy at mikes one day.  does he have a little girl?

Comment

I don't Tia-pan has a little girl....he has a girlfriend but.....hey it's Tia-pan...
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

oh i dnot know.  the guy i met use to own a reptile store or sold them.  something like that.

Comment

that was not Tiapan.

You can try to much up to see if it was someone one this site by looking through these pictures
                HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.

Comment

yea it was someone on the site.  i remember that much. but noone on there sparked my memory.

Comment

Working...
                  X