crack glass diffuser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crack glass diffuser

As some of you know, i accidentally broke my CO2 diffuser. While waiting for the replacement delivery, is there any better way to dissolve the CO2? I think about leading the CO2 tube into the Eheim canister filter's intake hose? Is there anything wrong with this? Please tell me that you think.
    100 gal- java fern windelov,anubia petite,xmas moss, crypt,val, sword, riccia fluitans, Sagittaria subulata
    30 gal:e.tenellus,hygrophila wavy,acicularis vivapara,Limnophila aquatica,Hygrophila corymbosa,Hydrocotyle(praecox rainbow,Celestial PD

Re: crack glass diffuser

That sucks......think you're bad luck cause I broke mine today too.....

Good thing I keep spares to swap during cleanings.

Through the eheim works fine but it might build a bubble but should hold you over.....if you wanna buy something get either the coralife wood blocks or the white airstones from the LFS.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I put the end of the CO2 tube into the intake of a small powerhead to chop up the bubbles into a fine mist.  Saw this method in use at FishRanch II.  Might work if you have a spare powerhead laying around.
      Drew

Comment

man not to get off subject but by me reading the topic,  man i was way off thinkin about what this was gonna be about.  lol.  though i was gonna have to find a drug free forum.
        artyman:

Comment

You should see some of the glassware ADA offers.......
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I saw one at CityPet for $65. I am thinking about that,too.
            100 gal- java fern windelov,anubia petite,xmas moss, crypt,val, sword, riccia fluitans, Sagittaria subulata
            30 gal:e.tenellus,hygrophila wavy,acicularis vivapara,Limnophila aquatica,Hygrophila corymbosa,Hydrocotyle(praecox rainbow,Celestial PD

Comment

Originally posted by thomas";p="
              I saw one at CityPet for $65. I am thinking about that,too.

wow. 65 dolla for a diffuser??!

I "offered" $6 for this, and he went for it. So $12 total with shipping. But it will take about a week to get it.

Comment

As suggested by Drew the power head is a simple and good way to dissolve CO2

Comment

$65 is ADA product similar to this
                  The leading source brandable domain names. Competitive prices. Excellent service. Get your domain name today.

I actually ordered from aqmagic similar one for $9 and free shipping. 2 weeks = no delivery yet. I did not know these came from Singapore.

Comment

By the way, thanks for Drew and Bogdan for the powerhead idea. This is very efficient as well as I saw it use at CityPet. However, I can't use MaxiJet since my little 30gal will "flip around" if I do. In other word, water movement is too high for such small tank, I think.

Comment

The quality of the ADA difusser is very obvious.....having owned both there is a noticable difference.

But for the cost of the ADA I got a stack full of knock-offs and just swap out when the difussion gets bad.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

ADA is for the ballers.
                        ADA mini-m planted
                        ADA mini-m riparium
                        ADA 30-C nano reef
                        ADA 90-P community Tanganyikan
                        ADA 120-p overflow Full reef in progress
                        Eheim 90cm SA biotope
                        110g Peacocks

Comment