what it is ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what it is ?

This must have hitched a ride into my tank from somewhere but I have no idea what or where.

It setteled on my driftwood and was about dime size when I first noticed it.  
    It's growing well and looking good.

Can anyone tell me what it is ?

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Re: what it is ?

Looks nice!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty cool whatever it is. The only surprises I ever get are stow-away snails.

Comment

Got any close ups? maybe pull a strand and take a macro shot?

The growth as a whole looks like Taiwan Moss/Taxiphyllum alternans
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

your slighest wish is my command - the larger ones I can't handle.  8)

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I'm still gonna say Taiwan....I have had it grow a few different variations in my tanks and the way yours is growing it closely resembles it. But Taxiphyllum for sure...
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thanks for the info,  did some searching with that name and found

Flame Moss

Taiwan moss (Taxiphyllum alternans)

Comment

Wow.  That looks awesome!  You got lucky!

Comment

It does not look like flame moss to me...
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I would like to add some of that to my tank, let me know when you are selling any extra.  Looks good!
                    Drew

Comment

Working...
                    X