H.A.S. Xmas party was FUN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H.A.S. Xmas party was FUN!

Good times with good friends at the HAS Christmas party! Thanks to Glenn and Lynn for (once again) opening up their home to host an HAS event. We all enjoyed the great food and hospitality. And the fish room. And the ponds and stream. And the woods. And...  :)  Def the host with the most! Next year?
    Marion

Re: H.A.S. Xmas party was FUN!

Good morning,

Yes, I had a GREAT time; Lynn & Glenn were perfect host, yummy food, grand gift exchange and super auction.  The fish folks were fantastic...fun to watch Nick & Walter mess with each other later, ken

Comment

I would love to have gone, but wasn't up to driving 2 counties away for a "Houston" club event.  Not to mention the 2+ hour drive back home with a full stomach.  And the  tank of gas it would cost to get there and back.  I'd have probably ended up napping on the side of the road or wrapped around a tree.  I find it disappointing that a major club event would be held so far away from a club's "home" city.  I was happy to get my invitation and planned on going before I even finished reading it.  Then I realized where it was being held and that my car wouldn't be "tripworthy" on such short notice.  

Regardless, I'm glad a good time was had by those that did attend.  Sounds like it was a pretty good party.  Maybe next year they'll have a "Houston" Aquarium Society Christmas party that more people will be able to participate in.
      The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
      Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

I realize it was far for some people. We move it around each year to try to accomodate everyone. Next year it will be in Clear Lake. The following year it will be in Sugar Land. Etc, etc.
        Charles Jones
        http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
        Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Originally posted by islander";p="
          fish folks were fantastic...fun to watch Nick & Walter mess with each other later, ken
          I had a great time as well. Nice to see that the fish calander I provided for the gift exchange was popular. Glad Walter and I were able to keep you entertained Ken, I think... :wink:
          PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

For me it was worth the trip there. Its allways nice to around other fish nuts.
            Nick & I are good friends up to the point were we both wont something. Then its all out war.

Thanks again to Glen & Lynn for being such great host.
            Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
            Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
            Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Originally posted by marauder_77868";p="
              I realize it was far for some people. We move it around each year to try to accomodate everyone. Next year it will be in Clear Lake. The following year it will be in Sugar Land. Etc, etc.
              '

yay! then I can go!! So sorry I missed it :(
              2 75s, 125,55,25 and 14 gallon tank

Comment

Working...
              X