Alpha got put in time out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha got put in time out

I had to put the alpha fish in my tank in a time out net, and he is not happy.  Do I need to be worried with him stressing himself to death?  

I amnot a huge fan of these cage nets, but he has caused one fish to die already and is chasing my other fish around like crazy.

Re: Alpha got put in time out

Rearrange the rock work while he/she is in the net to break territory. Being in the net does stress them out but I have never lost any fish over it.

Try the thumping method if the problem persist.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I doubt he will have any serious issues with the cage, other than not being able to tear it up.... :)

I'm in the same boat too, I have some nice looking malawi's, that I am going to have to give up, they are tearing up my other fish. My fault though for mixing South Africans with South American's.

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

thats my exact issue.  The malawi is messing with the other malawi's and my geophagus(sp) already killing one.

Comment

Let me have the Geo....problem solved. :wink:
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

NAh, those are the ones I want to kee.  They seem to go well with Fronts.  I will probably get rid of the malawi once I get my fronts.

Comment

Yeah I was thinking about getting some nice ones to throw in with my fronts.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

How long do yall keep an aggressive fish seperated from the others.  I have noticed this particualar fish has already lost its colors that were very vibrant before.

Comment

I learned from my trial and errors that if you make sure there is a lot of hiding places and in my case plenty of fish then they cant focus on one and stress it out to much. What I did was I rearranged the whole tank and put the aggressive one back in and draped the whole tank to make it pitch black for a couple of days only turning on the light for feeding time. After that my Blueberry has become a new man. He still chases others around but not nearly as aggressively and there are so many places that he cant claim them all and too many other fish for him to pick on just one so he gives up very quickly because he ends up chasing so many different ones around he gets tired
                  Resident fish bum
                  330G FOWLR
                  34G Reef
                  330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                  28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                  Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Working...
                  X