Aggressive Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggressive Angels

I had a bare tank with half a dozen angels in it and all were doing fine untill last month - One day I walked in and there were only 2 in the tank.  Aparently the dominalnt male picked his mate and chased the others untill they jumped out.  :sick:

Now I have a 68 planted comunity tank with a dozen marble angels in it.   Last auction I managed to add some black neons, blod fin tetras and some rainbows.
    Less than a week later insted of the angels crusing in unplanted center of the tank, now many of them are hiding, wedged between two or more plant stems.
    they are about silver dollar body size some with nice long fins.  There is one of the larger angels claiming the center of the tank , 3 or 4 that cruse in an out with out being bothered and one or two of those that are hiding have chewed up tails.   I haven't noticed any aggressive acts between the tetras and the angels so far, so I am assuming this has something to to with pairing off and spawning even though the tank is way too crowded for any of them to spawn.   I am afraid that if I leave them all in, eventually I will loose the weaker ones.   Or if I move them all to a bare tank I will have a repete of the previous desaster.   Should I  leave some and move some and if so which ones ?
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Re: Aggressive Angels

:doh: Missed the word 'dozen'.

Comment

Put an oscar in there to teach those angels a lesson.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Howdy Bob,

Here are three things you could try; move the two angels that look like they are pairing up to a tank of their own and see if they breed and hope the smaller angels come out of the cover and are fine.

Or leave the couple of the aggresive ones in your community tank if they get along with the other fish and move the other angel fish to another tank.

But think you should trade your extra angels with me... , I have a two 3" female dwarf brown bristlenose plecos and 4 neon tetras up for trade.  I liked your angels when I saw them a couple weeks ago.  later, ken

Comment

I think you have too many angels in the tank to begin with..... I would have no more than 8(at adult size) in that tank... preferably 6.  Your angels are showing their natural pecking order routine... they start that young and will almost always have that as an issue by 6 to 8 months old... you could have a pair in there, but if you do, the likely hood of a spawn surviving in the community is not good... I would leave them to see if they spawn and then move them to a breeding tank of their own... aggressive angels are angels just being angels....
          GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

Maybe they're really devils?
            So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Put a Red Devil in the tank and let them sort each other out.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
              X