tiny worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tiny worms

i have been getting my tank ready for some fronts im going to be getting this weekend. my tank has been running for about 4-5 months now and has previously housing some jack d's, firemouths, green terrors etc. i decided to put in two convicts and killed everything in my tank. after that happened i decided to clear my tank out and go with frontosas only. my tank has been empty for about a week and a half now and meanwhile i have been getting my water perimeters ready. raising the ph level, temp.etc....well these last couple evenings i have been noticing tiny worms on the front viewing glass.(its only been about four of them so far) im pulling them out as i see them and as they are pulled out they begin to squirm alot. can anyone tell me what they are and if there should be a great concern before i put any fronts in.i have never had any problems when the other cichlids were in. the only thing i did different was the temp. change from 79 to 76 and the ph from 7.0 to 8.0. i also changed the aquascaping from lava rock to texas holey rock. thanks alot for any feed back   :o

Re: tiny worms

You probably brought them in with a water change. Dont add any food to the tank and they'll die in a couple of days.

Comment

Sounds like they were hiding in the substrate living off the excess food that was in there. Post some pictures of them cause they are probably harmless.

On the note of the fronts, What are your parameters of your water now? If these are local fronts and you are using typical houston tap water you shouldn't need to change much.....stability works much better then juggling them.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

well i got the perimeters set up just like the owner of the fronts has his. what do you think about my tank changing its cycle...the tank has been empty for about a week and a half now. how do i know if its changed cycle and will spike when addidng in the fronts..how can i prevent the cycle changing until i get the fronts....

Comment

Should have kept the tank fed while it was empty....a piece of market shrimp should have sustained the beneficial bacteria some...test the water parameters and keep a real close eye on it when you get the fronts.

Probably gonna be hard to do but resist feeding them when you get them for the first day or two and then slowly/gradually start the feeding.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Ek I dont think they live in Houston,from what I remeber they are from Dallas,I could be mistaken???Either which way take some pics so we all can see!!

Comment

The worms might be a nice fontosa treat [but mabye too much protien]

Comment

Probably Planaria.
                They are harmless, albeit unsightly.
                www.ventralfins.com

Comment

I agree, probably harmless. Not sure if they're planaria, as ones I've seen don't exactly "squirm," but they're probably of the same benign category. Pictures would help, as everyone has said.  
                  "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
                  X