cycling new tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cycling new tank

Got my tank setup with a wet/dry filter.  Besides running the filter all I have done is added sand and dechlorinated the water.  Do I need to run a heater or air tube to get the cycle to go faster?

I was always told the wet/dry provided enough airation but i wanted to make sure.  Is there something I can get from Mike's tonight to make the tank cycle faster?

Re: cycling new tank

There's several good sites that give the basics to what cycling a tank entails. If you do a google search on cycling a tropical fish tank ....etc.....I'm sure one will turn up. Or, you could try using the search engine right here on this site.  :)

CF

http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/article2.php    ......that will be 2.99 please.
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

if you've already got another tank set up, take the established filter off of it and put it on the new tank. that way the existing bacteria from the old tank can grow in the new tank. that's an excellent jump start.

Comment

For a quick, but expensive cycle, try some Biospira.
        www.ventralfins.com

Comment

I have used Bio-spira and it works!

But I go with the established filter media...
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

not even an issue now.  The 75 I was trying to cycle has already been taken down.  I did however just start up my 125, but I used over 40 gallons from another tank, the gravel and the filter on the 125.  cycled very nicely.

Comment

I second what Ek said, both are excellent jump starters!!

Comment

Working...
              X