No announcement yet.

Are these fish safe with Amano shrimp??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these fish safe with Amano shrimp??

A neighbor is moving and has offered me some of their fish. She has kissing gouramis, angel fish, silver dollars, maybe something else.

I think these fish are about 3 to 4" size.

Will any of these be OK to add to a planted tank that has rummeynose tetras and Amano shrimp?  I don't want the shrimp to crawl out of the tank like they did when I put them in with discus. So sad to see krispy critters stiff on the floor or turning into a stain on the rug under the cabinet.

I am thinking about the angel fish, or the gouramis, the tank I have is rather full and so 2 or 3 new fishof that size is the limit.

Leftovers will be up for adoption in the fish market by this afternoon.

Anona, in NW Houston

Re: Are these fish safe with Amano shrimp??

Nevermind, I hear from Gene that all of these will eat either the tetras, the shrimp or the plants.

I'll post them up for adoption in the Fish Market section.

Comment

Just an idea, you could take them over to Mike's, his shop is just down the street from you there.

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

8O  Sounds like an amano shrimp's worst nightmare!

But yes, I would have to agree. The Angels and gouramis will love the shrimp, and the silver dollars might chase them around when they're not munching on the plants.

Good luck finding them a good home!  :)
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
        X