New kid in Town/tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New kid in Town/tank

I got to work early today, and as usual was giving the Red Chimba's their morning NLS. I was offering up the second doze of 1mm pellets when I noticed the new kid in the holey rock. I have only seen one so far, but it's a huge piece of rock with dozens of nice little baby holes to pop in and out of ....I'll keep you all posted.

Last time I saw fry, there was three of them, I'm hoping for the same or more ???

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Re: New kid in Town/tank

That's great!! I hope there are more, also!
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Sweetness!

I love how mini-trophs dart through the holey rock maze! If you have algae growing on the rocks it's pretty cool watching them graze too!
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Well, Guess what? What a difference a day makes....I spotted FIVE fry in the tank this morning, I guess they are getting a bit more comfortable in their surroundings. I first saw an additional fry and thought I had two, but then I saw two more and then another for a total of five new fry so far......How cool is that.....

CF

EK.....your so right, I've noticed the younger chimba's love to cruise the rocks and just nibble away at the algae.
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

chimba's rock!

Comment

I think there maybe up to 8 or more.....it's too hard to tell, because I can't see them all at once. As they grow it should get a bit easier.....again.....I'll keep you posted.

CF

Comment

can you get any pics without disturbing the new fry

Comment

I'll try and get a couple, but I haven't got very good pictures in the past, the tank has a black background, black sand and of course, the chimba's are pretty much black for the most part.....we'll see what I can come up with.

CF

Comment

Working...
                X