Catfish ID??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catfish ID??

Can someone help ID the catfish in the pictures?  He doesn't belong to me, but the person who owns him doesn't know what he is.  Thanks.  

Re: Catfish ID??

Looks like a regular blue channel cat.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Or Black Channel Catfish.  Its going to keep growing, outgrow your tank.
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

I thought it was a channel, but wanted to be sure.  Like I said he isn't mine but the people who do have him are trying to find him a new home.  So if anyone is interested just let me know.

Comment

A restuarant perhaps?
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

he's a native to this area ...let the poor thing go....he'll grow up to be a big big fishie...and then he'll get caught and eaten....

Comment

Its against the law or whatever to release anything that has been housed in your fish tank regardless of its origin.

It will introduce bacteria/parasites that are not present in local waters that are found in aquariums.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Hmmmm...send it to Mike's and let him grow it out in his monster tank!! Maybe we can all donate food to feed it out!!! Then, we can have a nice fish fry at one of the GHAC meetings when it's big enough!!!     I'll make the tartar sauce!!!

Rebekah

Comment

no no no.....we cannot eat this!!!!!...especially if we see him growing over time....let's give it to mike.....name it big jake and see how big we can get him to grow.....

ek....don't ask don't tell.....i'm sure you sir have NEVER broken a rule huh?....

Comment

Raul
                    PokerFace

Comment

Yes...please, whatever you do, don't tell them to release it.

On another note, what's the eel-looking fish behind the cat in the second photo? Is that a bichir?

Oh, and tell your friend to join us!  
                      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

LOL, have you ever heard that old country song "Feed Jake"??? It's a tear-jerker, but you just reminded me of it FL!! LMAO!!! Maybe you can find someone with a nice big pond to throw it into (not me though). Then he will get really big and fat!!!!!

Rebekah

Comment

Originally posted by fishlady";p="
                          no no no.....we cannot eat this!!!!!...especially if we see him growing over time....let's give it to mike.....name it big jake and see how big we can get him to grow.....

ek....don't ask don't tell.....i'm sure you sir have NEVER broken a rule huh?....

I have never released fish back into the local waters or anything to that nature....
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yeah, I haven't released anything back into the wild either
                            All men are created equal but his choices determine his value and what's in his heart determines his worth.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Comment

Working...
                            X