Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GHAC November Meeting - 11/16/07

Hello Everyone.  

I've submitted the meeting for the calendar, so that should be in place soon.  

Meeting will start at 7:30PM.

Mike's Tropical Fish & Pets
    14203 Stuebner Airline
    Houston, Tx 77069
    PH. 281-586-8787
    Fax.281-586-8799

The Raffle was such a hit, I think it would be great to do it again.  We sure could use our helpers again as well, you know who you are, please pm me when you get a chance.  Donations for the Raffle are also appreciated.  

For those who can not make it at 7:30PM and though its not a given, many of us did not leave till 2AM.  Its alot of fun and to be able to talk to alot of Fishboxers in person is priceless.
    Raul
    PokerFace

Re: GHAC November Meeting - 11/16/07

I've really enjoyed the two meetings I attended, and it was nice meeting the people who belong to the names here on the box, bad thing is, I have forgotten all those names now and need to meet again, so let's all show up one more time, until the real names sink in.....

Thanks

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

CF - That really is one of the best parts.   Putting the names & faces together.   It makes chatting later such fun / new light on the joking btw boxers too.  

Raul - will be bringing more raffle surprises.  Let you know what soon.   [& Meg's cookies]  LOL   V
      "There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing."
      "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by. "
      -Dead Man's Chest

Comment

im sure i can russel up a donation or two/ (gonna be plants hurray), and maybe an assortment of decorative rocks, im finding some great ones around my apartment complex , anyway i will be there for sure, see yall soon
        Never fear I is here
        David Abeles
        Vice President
        Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Thank you V for offering your help again, Meg too.  I think this will be a another successful meeting.

Raul
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

Yeah, I probably won't be able to help out with the raffle this time because of my foot...I hope to be able to come to the meeting though! I guess if I can't drive I'll try to get a ride from...iono...somebody LOL!

Rebekah

Comment

im sure someone will give you a ride to the meeting, what the hect happened to your foot?
              Never fear I is here
              David Abeles
              Vice President

Comment

I'm very interested in attending one of these, but because I have 2 kids (and no babysitter) I didn't go to the last one.  Looking at the picture it looks like some kids were there.  It's okay if you bring your children?  They both really LOVE fish!!

Comment

my daughter, Megan goes to meetings and was made welcome as do other kids.   just have to be responsible for them and thier actions as always.    Meg even has enjoyed getting involved.    V.
                  "There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing."
                  "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by. "
                  -Dead Man's Chest

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby";p="
                    I'm very interested in attending one of these, but because I have 2 kids (and no babysitter) I didn't go to the last one.  Looking at the picture it looks like some kids were there.  It's okay if you bring your children?  They both really LOVE fish!!
                    You are correct, children are welcome.  We even have Jr. Memberships.   :)

You know what they say...kids are our future!   8O

Well, I hope for the best anyways...LOL.
                    Raul
                    PokerFace

Comment

Tiapan, I fell off of my horse and broke the two bottom heads off of the bones right above my left ankle... I had to have surgery and get them screwed back on and the doctor also put a plate in there... Yeah, it sucks being crippled... Oh well, I'm kinda a pro at it now because I've broken my feet three other times. :) Anyway, I just hope it doesn't stop me from coming to the next meeting. I really enjoyed the last one. It's nice being able to talk to people on here in person...even if some of y'all are pretty goofy...  :wink: Anyway, so yeah, I'm on some pretty strong meds and I'm not allowed to drive so I may have to spend the night at my boyfriend's house (in Spring) and ride to the meeting with him. I'll find a way to be there though!!  

Rebekah

Comment

Alrighty...its up on the calendar now for everyone to see.  

I want to send a special invitation to those of you who just joined Fishbox and I expect to see everyone else's smiling faces again.  

FYI - its also a perfect opportunity to buy/sale/trade with so many people in one spot.  Speaking of, David, do I bring those youngsters you want?  

Whoever brought that special bottle of beverage last time, I missed out.  Another would be nice... :)   (For staying warm of course)  :)
                        Raul
                        PokerFace

Comment

Man it was pretty cold last night.....might wanna consider heaters or a bonfire this time instead of fans....

Might not be able to stay as late at this one....I have a wedding to attend the following day.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Raul, you'll have to speak to Juicy for the warm stuff.

Anyone interested in some Albino Bristlenose in the 1.5-1.75"(ish) I can bring them to the Meeting. $8 each. 22 available

I also have some 1" ones for $4 each. 29 available.

Comment

Yes Raul if you could bring those young fishies that would be perfect, and i think i will also bring a bottle for warming, maybe the russian remedy, or puerto Rico variety, havent decided. but i will also remmember to bring a 2 litter, anyway, i really am lookin forward to this meeting, not sure i will have anymore plants to donate to auction , we will wait and see, since im still moving tanks, did get another one set up today, thats 3 up and going in the new place, and the ehiem i got way back when is as silent as a ghost, i love it.
                              Never fear I is here
                              David Abeles
                              Vice President

Comment

Working...
                              X