Veil Tail Betta Babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veil Tail Betta Babies

I'm planning on breeding my two veil tails, but I wanted to know who would be interested in the babies before I had too many babies with no homes to give them to.

Anyone in the area interested?

Re: Veil Tail Betta Babies

heck yeah.....i am.....

Comment

*wavin my hands* me me me me
      5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
      20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
      29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
      29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
      29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
      55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
      75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
      / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Can you post pics of what your veils look like?

Thanks
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

i too would like to see pics,
          Never fear I is here
          David Abeles
          Vice President
          Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Sure. I can't at this second because I'm supposed to be writing a paper and what do you know, I'm on HFB hahaha...anyway, I'll post this later on this afternoon, but just to give you an idea, the male has a redish body with blue fins and the female has a blueish body with red fins :)

I'll definitely get pictures up by this afternoon, though :)

Comment

Betta Tails
              the normal (wild) betta tale is called a plakat and consists of about a dozen rays fanning out from the base of the tail
              Veil tail is a dominant mutation that make the rays longer so the betta has a flag like tail
              Double Tails have a split in the spine at or just before the base of the tail which produces a two part tail sometimes two of equal size but more often one is larger than the other.
              Fan, Delta or Super Delta have a mutation that splits the rays branching out from the tail.
              The number of branches 2, 4, 8 affect the spread of the tail like batts in a sail or spokes in a wheel.
              Half moon is  a tail that has a wide tail with extra rays and many splits in the rays so that the tail spreads from straight up to straight down making a half circle.
              Crown tails have a gap in the webbing between rays creating a fringed effect on the tail.

Betta tail Pix
              'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
              He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Oh, my favorites are crowntails!!! I actually have a pair that I might spawn sometime soon...when I get brave enough...lol

Rebekah

Comment

Thanks phishphreek, these are definitely veils (halfmoons are my favorite, but the bank says I can't invest in those just yet :)) and here are the best pics I could get (they won't stay still when they're right next to each other)

I know this is a bad picture, but you get the idea of what the colors are.

And this is the male in all his glory. Haha.

Comment

how much you askin for them if you spawn em?
                    Michael
                    Clear Lake, TX

Comment

Probably nothing since this is my first try and I don't think those are two quality fish...are they? Haha.

I may just ask you to come to College Station to pick them up :)

Comment

Some new breeders I just imported
                        their fry should be ready for the May betta show,
                         Red Halfmoon
                         Yellow Halfmoon
                         Chocolate Double Crown Tail
                        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

damn, nice pics, nice fish.  I would love to get some nice bettas like that as community fish.  I never like the ones in the containers.  Red or blue, or some mix.  And I've never seen fins like that.  Yeah, too cool.

Comment

dj, who's fish are you talking about?

PhishPhreek...nice fish :)

Comment

Well, finally got them to spawn. However, not those two bettas spawned. The female did, but the male could never perform correctly, so he got ditched and put somewhere else.

I unfortunately don't have a picture of the male I put in there who finally did get the job done, but he's got a white body with red and white (almost translucent) fins. He's gorgeous.

They spawned yesterday and so now I'm just keeping a close eye on him as he moves the eggs around and takes care of them.

Anyone have any suggestions or advice or anything? I have BBS growing right now and I also have some microworms to feed the babies.

Comment

Working...
                              X