What's this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this???

What are these dark spots on top of my fish's head? They just recently appeared... Should I be worried?  Is this something I need to treat??

Re: What's this???

Looks like battle scars.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Really, you think they look like bruises? I haven't noticed any fighting...

Comment

How many of them do you have in the tank and is it only showing up on that one?
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

There are 2 brichardi. The other may have a tiny, tiny, dot or two. There is a multi. Syn., 3 clown loaches, and 2 pleco...... Should be a pretty peaceful environment for 2 brichardi, shouldn't it? The other (female) brichardi is older than this male.

Comment

That explains it.  

He came home late or something to the like and she B _ _ _ _ ed Slapped him!

Honestly I don't know.  What and see if it goes away or gets worse in the next 12 to 24 hours.
            Raul
            PokerFace

Comment

Okay, this is going to sound very strange, but it's something I noticed when I just got started with fish.  It may very well be coincidence, but I saw black spots show up on some of my fish if the ammonia was anything but zero.  As soon as I'd get the water right, the spots would go away.  Just something I thought I'd throw out there...might not be the case in your tank, but have you checked your water?
              Our Fishhouse
              Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

The test strip looks like maybe .25? I will do a water change tomorrow and see if that helps. Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

I found out it was from stress.  
                  We had just taken everything out of the tank trying to catch the one fish.
                  The guy at the lfs said it was probably caused by stress... The spots have gone away now, so I guess he was correct :-)

Comment

Well, that's good! (except for the stress part...)  

And now you will know if he's ever unhappy.  
                    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
                    X