Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection Trip!

Copied from APC....

Collection trip is officially schedule for November 10. After talking with Jerry last night I can tell you that this one will be a kick tail one! He is working on the many collection spot already! Jerry knows so much about Texas wildlife and fauna that you cannot miss this trip.
    Please let’s confirm ahead of time so we can be prepared for this day the ones who want to collect fish, make sure to have a license. Nothing is needed to collect plants as long as is nothing endanger or inside a state park.
    So get you quarantine tanks up and running to clean your native plants as well as the fish you may collect that day.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: Collection Trip!

oh...where do we meet up?
    5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
    20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
    29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
    29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
    29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
    55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
    75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
    / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

We will probably meet at ADG but the details of that has not been brought up....
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Greatness! Count me in!
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

well darnit i told yall im going to ren fest that day, darn you and bad timing.
          Never fear I is here
          David Abeles
          Vice President
          Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Looking forward to having a gr8 time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Checkout my blog AquaMusing
            sigpic

Comment

Here is the current link to the Collection Trip Info on the 10th Nov, 2007.

In the mean time, those who are going:

Paul
              Bhushan
              Quoc
              Luis
              Dan
              dblondfemme
              Mzungu

***whoever can go, feel free to PM me or Quoc so we can add to this list to make it easier for the organizers.
              sigpic

Comment

Need the questions brought up by Quoc before I can say one way or another.  

What State Park?  

Time?

Car or van pooling?

How long is the trip to last?  Few hours, overnight?

Etc.
                Raul
                PokerFace

Comment

Raul, I would try to answer few of your questions to the best of my knowledge.
                  I don't think we will be going to a state park.
                  We will be renting a Van. Details will be decide depending upon the number of participants.
                  The trip will last for a few hours. But Overnight would have been gr8. Cannot stay away from my Tanks for more than 8 hrs am addicted. :smokin:

Bhushan
                  sigpic

Comment

I am waiting for the details as well....

From what I gather...

It will be various locations which could include the state park, this will probably start in the late morning in which we will meet somewhere near ADG/FishGallery and probably grab a bite to eat before getting nasty, We will probably be Van-pooling through club funding but if not we can decide on that amongst ourselves who wants to pool together (I should have the big F250 that day if there is no Van cause the Lexus aint too good through the dirt roads) and the length should be no more then a days worth and not overnight.

The plan was to go to SanMarcos/Austin to collect out there but that will be on a later date which would require a lot more planning.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I want to join, too. Any requirement, or qualification test? I don't know if I can have a day off on Sat, fever excuses two times this month already
                      100 gal- java fern windelov,anubia petite,xmas moss, crypt,val, sword, riccia fluitans, Sagittaria subulata
                      30 gal:e.tenellus,hygrophila wavy,acicularis vivapara,Limnophila aquatica,Hygrophila corymbosa,Hydrocotyle(praecox rainbow,Celestial PD

Comment

Well it would be nice to have those that join in on the collection trip also join the club and pay dues since the club has taken the time to find one of the best guides to take us on the collection trip and the club will be funding the transportation.

Only requirement to join the club is dues and the want!
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Just an update...

We will be meeting at ADG and heading out from there.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Copied from President's post on APC..

Collection Trip
                            Saturday November 10th- This will be a guided trip around Houston to collect native (cough, cough ) aquatic plants. We will be meeting at ADG at 8am. This will be an all day affair folks so come prepared. We will have a rented van for the trip. We will take members first, and then anyone else who can fit. If there are more people than can fit in the van, you are more than welcome to tag along in your own vehicle behind the van.

Year End Meeting
                            Saturday November 10th- We will have the last meeting of the year at Star Pizza off of Hwy59 (2111 Norfolk St Houston, TX 77098 ) at 8pm. This should give all the collection trip participants time to clean up before heading over. This will be a members only meeting due to the fact that the meal will be paid for from club funds.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Any one who is planning to join us tomorrow for collection trip please confirm here.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X