Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Pets

Just wanted to give Donnie at City Pets a thumbs up  :emtthumbs:

I have spent a lot of time/money there since my adventure into Reefing and Donnie has helped a lot....I know they are super busy at just about all times which probably hurts their customer service a bit with all the other workers but it's not really that bad when compared to some slow stores that don't even acknowledge you.

Hooked it up on a sweet Anemone for my little clowns yesterday too!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: City Pets

See im mixed on City pets, I do shop there, and have gotten some really good deals. But they do carry tattooed (though i havent seen any for a while so thats a plus) and sometimes there are sick fish but thats fairly normal (i mean it happens whether we like it or not) But the biggest thing to me is that i have seen them steadily improving over the past several months. their plant setup has gotten much better, they are gettin in a better variety of fish (especially tangs, they had julie transcriptus for like 8 bucks, would have gotten 6 but cant afford right this sec) and their help has been a bit more steady so more knowledgable then what i had say around a year ago. So as long as they keep up this trend i will be very happy with them and stay happy.
    Never fear I is here
    David Abeles
    Vice President
    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Yeah the deals are pretty good!

The tattooed fish thing I think sometimes is hard to dodge....I think some LFS get those whether they ordered them or not.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

whos the guy that keeps up with their planted show tanks? had a lil chat wit him the other day.

Comment

if he is a tan gentlman with glasses then it was probably Louis Navaro, he is a great guy and widelyknow for plant knowledge.
          Never fear I is here
          David Abeles
          Vice President

Comment

widely known sorry for typo
            Never fear I is here
            David Abeles
            Vice President

Comment

I always thought Luis was a bit pale

Luis is a member of NASH as well and very knowledgeable person when it comes to the planted aquarium.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

well a great many people would apear tan to me, i mean i am really really white
                Never fear I is here
                David Abeles
                Vice President

Comment

Went by here the other day to pick up some bulkheads. Real nice guy who runs the place, looks family owned. I cannot speak on behalf of the fish because I didn't buy any when I went. They did have some cool saltwater stuff as well...

Comment

Yeah a thumbs up from me too. Went there the other day to find a good light for a 10G. The light i was looking for Coralife 20" comes with a 50/50 Bulb. Donnie swapped me the 50/50 bulb for a 10,000K bulb for no extra price.  
                    Checkout my blog AquaMusing
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X