african cichlids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• african cichlids

Im thinking about moving all my angel fish and buying some cichlids.  I have kept them before.  I was wondering do they get along with the rainbowfish?  Im probably going buy some peacock or some frontosa.
    180 gallon RR wild discus, harlequins, congos, rainbow, pleco, cardinals, rummynose, rcs, and amanos.  2260 eheim pressurize co2 4x54 tek lights

Re: african cichlids

Both will probably work with the rainbows.....some people use them as dithers so if you aren't too attached to them I don't see a problem trying it out.

I will say that fronts like/need the space to swim and feel comfortable...aren't the angels in a 40 something gallon?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I really wouldn't put any thing but cichlids with cichlids. Those rainbow fish will probably be torn to shreds by the peacocks.

Comment

Praecox Rainbows will get eaten.  My buddy had a trio of them that got knocked out one by one.  Pretty much cichlids with cichlids and that's about it.

Comment

Red tail sharks do well with cichlids have had frontosa and peacocks with them, loaches as well. What kind of peacocks you looking for?

Comment

I've had Boesmani, Australian,  Irian, and Turquoise Rainbowfish in with peacocks and various other african cichlids (mbuna, fronts, julies, leleupi) without a problem. I would not recommend putting the smaller rainbowfish in with them however. Be sure you have a large enough tank with open areas for the rainbowfish to escape to if they feel threatened.
            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Well my tank is a 150 but I dont have a lot of rocks.  I would probably buy about 10 more pieces of holey rock.  I dont know what kind of peacock they were, but I saw a couple of picks.  One of them had an orange body, one with red, and one with yellow.  They caught my attention because of the colors.  I guess I will have to sell my other fish since they dont get along.  Could the peacock and them elecrtic yellow lab get along?
              180 gallon RR wild discus, harlequins, congos, rainbow, pleco, cardinals, rummynose, rcs, and amanos.  2260 eheim pressurize co2 4x54 tek lights

Comment

Yup... I had lots of yellow labs and german red peacocks together in several different tanks.
                Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Peacocks work well with the Electrics.  Arm is right, as long as you didn't go with something that stayed relatively small you should be ok.

Comment

Working...
                  X