I know is not the first time I have seen this but,

I need to know the best way to get rid of snails....FAST}}}}

I have heard of a chemical for Jungel Rid -a- Snail
    or something like that.

Also

Loaches, but before I try buying some loaches I have
    about a softball size of java moss if anyone is intrested... :wink:

Re: Snails

Cucumber in a lid/dish and by morning they should be all over it.

Do not use chemicals unless you are prepared to deal with what might happen.....

They all die, you don't find all of them which need to be picked out one by one and you end up with a killer ammonia pike.

Do a search, the topic has been discussed a whole bunch of times.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I used the search thing at the top but even if you go to advance search it dosen't work.

Comment

I mentioned this before on the other thread, but no problem: South American darters (if you can find them). Also known as darter-tetras and hummingbird tetras. I have a single one in my community tank that I got from Fish Gallery. It consumed all the MT snails in that aquarium in a few weeks. None were left!. I was actually going to use the MTS to feed my Fahaka puffer.

-Nick Montemayor
        PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Hmm.....I inputed "snails" and it came back with lots of hits.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Will you be going to the GHAC meeting? If so, I'll take that Java Moss off of your hands!!! I would really love some more in my 55 gallon tank! PM me or something so I'm not kinda hi-jacking your thread. LOL!

My female Betta loves to eat the little pond snails...she'll sneak up on them and BAM! she gets em! It's kinda funny to watch, actually! Also, if it's MTS you are trying to get rid of, I wouldn't mind taking some off your hands! You could also bag them up and donate them to the raffle for the GHAC on Friday! I'm sure people would put tickets in for them...I've seen lots of puffers on this forum...LOL! It would be for a good cause too!

But yeah, I would do what EK says...use the method with NO chemicals! I tried to rid myself of the nasty little pond snails by putting a couple of algae wafers into a glass bottle and sinking it into my tank...but it didn't turn out well because I didn't think to kinda fast the tank so that the algae would kinda be the only food in there...I might have to re-group and try again this week or something LOL!

Good luck with the snail removal!!

Rebekah

Comment

I will probably bring some pond,ramshorn, nuisance snails that I pull from my tanks for those who have puffers.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
              X