Sorority Tank PIX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorority Tank PIX!

FINALLY, some pix of my sorority tank.....we call it the b***h tank..  

I've got 10 females in here but it's hard to get a pic of all of them together...they're fast swimmers so a lot of my pics come out too blurry but they are BEAUTIFUL! its like having a tank full of colorful little sharks...also the pecking order process was amazing to watch, we have some live video of it happening which I will post later.....FYI no one was hurt just a couple nipped fins, flaring, etc... and that was it, they're all different sizes so they got in order pretty quick....now they are all getting along swimmingly :)  

I would have shown y'all sooner but all my pretty plants died   (except my val) because our lighting is sooo crappy...1.5 wpg...so I just filled the whole tank with val, anyone have any idea's for upgrading the lighting in a standard 10 gallon?? we have a black wooden stand and would like a matching canopy with some good lighting...I'm thinking about getting a bright kit from here http://ahsupply.com/mcart/index.cgi?code=3&cat=6 but they are expensive so if anyone has any better ideas, please do tell...

Juicy

Re: Sorority Tank PIX!

Nice females! Does that last one have pop eye?

With lighting ahsupply is going to be your best choice or you could wait till someone sells something in the market.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

lol, no, I thought that too when I got her 6 months ago...they're both like that...even gave her medicine for it..but it turns out she just has huge eyes!  Her name is Olga and she is the boss of the tank, being at least twice the size of all the other bettas in there.

which bright kit would you recommend EK?? we want as good as we can get with no CO2..

Comment

The lowest one if no co2 is injected, think its the 36w......I would recommend Seachem Excel but the vals didn't like it too much IME.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

cool, where do you get bettas like that?

Comment

What ?
            No Blues, Greens, Coppers, Blacks, Whites ?  
            :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :devil:
            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Is 10 gallons enough for 10 females? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought they needed a decent amount of space. I have 3 females in a 30 gallon and I still keep a close eye on them at times because I'm scared of fighting. It sounds like you know what you're doing, though, so I was just curious.

Comment

im sure it depends on the tank and how much cover they have and if there is anything breaking up view from across tank. (So that the fish dont always see each other) that and keepin them well fed.
                Never fear I is here
                David Abeles
                Vice President
                Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

But i have to say juicy i was kinda hopein for a different type of sorority pic on here   but that wouldnt be good for the kiddies :wink:
                  Never fear I is here
                  David Abeles
                  Vice President

Comment

and there i go forgeting the whole point, which is to add that the tank looks really good, and your best bet for extra lighting is to wither just add another strip light to the tank, or get a pc light. i know that there are some smaller like 13 watt or 18 watt ones for like under counters that are supposed to be cheaper then fish ones. or you could just add an incadescent strip with 2 Power compact bulbs in it, that would bring your wpg up to 3.5. if you just added it on as extra.
                    Never fear I is here
                    David Abeles
                    Vice President

Comment

Took three post for you to get your point across Tiapan?  
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

well im still waking up and a little disjointed, kept remmembering something else i wanted to say, you know how long winded i can be at times
                        Never fear I is here
                        David Abeles
                        Vice President

Comment

i mean , how am i ever gonna catch up to you at one post at a time BS even at this rate i wont catch you for like 3 years.
                          Never fear I is here
                          David Abeles
                          Vice President

Comment

Yeah
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

....................I
                              700g Mini-Monster tank