New to the forum, not to fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum, not to fish

I've been keeping fish since I was 12 (I'm almost 24 now). I keep various small freshwater fish especially tetras, corydoras, plecos, and loaches. My tanks are also planted. I've got quite a green thumb. I've visited various aquarium forums over the years. I wish I was joining this one for a different reason, but unfortunately, I'm here because I'm getting out of the hobby, at least temporarily. Life has been pretty hectic lately. I really haven't had time to take care of my fish lately and lost some very nice corydoras (elegans, napoensis, CW008, 8 yr old bronze). I feel bad about not taking care of my fish. I'm going to be moving soon probably far far away and I know I'm going to have even less spare time where I'm going. So I'm hoping to find some good homes for my fish. I'll be posting in the fish market shortly.

Re: New to the forum, not to fish

Sorry to hear about that. I'm sure your fish will find a good home here!
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

sorry to hear about your situation.....but as arm said....i'm sure they will find loving homes here.....

Comment

I'm sorry you're having to get rid of them, but at least you're coming to a place where they will get good homes. And hopefully, when you're ready to get back into the hobby, we'll see you around here to hopefully get fish from us :)

Good luck wherever you're going.

Comment

I am sorry to hear that. I can understand your feeling when losing a fish. Every fish owners want to have longity, healthy, active fishes, but sometimes, it does not happen the way we want. You have at least tried your best to provide them good time, excellent food to fullfilll their hungryness, and good environment. Now, it is time to move on. Just do whatever you need to do first. I believed you had done a good job taking care of the fishes, and now it is time to transfer the ownership. I believe your fish will find a better home.

Good luck, my friend
          100 gal- java fern windelov,anubia petite,xmas moss, crypt,val, sword, riccia fluitans, Sagittaria subulata
          30 gal:e.tenellus,hygrophila wavy,acicularis vivapara,Limnophila aquatica,Hygrophila corymbosa,Hydrocotyle(praecox rainbow,Celestial PD

Comment

:(  Ditto what everyone else said. Sorry you're getting out of the hobby, but your fish will find good homes here!  :)
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Well life is turning less hectic lately. I got a job in Baton Rouge that pays enough that I can just work the regular 40 hrs a week. I'm still going to part with some fish and tanks. I'm just going to keep one big tank (39 gallon) and a small quarantine tank.

Comment

Sounds good!

What do you plan on keeping?
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I plan to keep my cories (1 bronze, 1 elegans, 2 axelrodi), pangios (2 myersi, 1 oblonga), 7 rummynose tetras, & 1 hatchetfish. I'm going to get a couple more hatchetfish and cories to replace the ones I lost. And maybe later get a couple otos. I'm trying to stick to small fish so I can get a good number without having too high of a bioload.

I'm looking for a house to rent in Baton Rouge right now. I went there yesterday to look at some places and help clean rabbit cages at my friend's rescue. I fell in love with Stella. Once I get settled in, I'm going to foster her and see if my Jerry can form a bond with her so they could entertain each other when I'm not home.

Comment

Working...
                  X