Tested my Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tested my Water

Okay, 20G planted has been sitting for about a week, 2 weeks total after planting more plants.

Did my first water test using a API Master Test Kit.

PH was 7.6
    High range PH was 8.0
    Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate all tested at 0 ppm.

So, I added "Neutral Regulator", suppose to get me to 7.0, I'll test again later this evening.

I am missing anything ??   Does it sound like I need to check for anything else ?   Am I ready to introduce a few fish ?

Re: Tested my Water

Do not add anything you can't keep stable....why not just leave it at 7.6?

It all sounds fine for me especially if it's planted.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I thought 7.6 might be a little high, but I'll leave it alone.  How high can it get before I need to worry ?

I'll be looking for a few inhabitants tomorrow at the mini-HLA auction.

Comment

Well if you are getting fish from the HLA auction then you are good.....mollies and stuff like hard water.

I have not had any problems keeping soft/low pH fish in houston waters so that's that.

It's better to keep thing stable then trying to replicate something that is going to be bouncing around the charts.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

You don't have to worry at all. Most likely it will stay 7.6, it depends what is pH of your tap water. Also check the fish requirements as far as the pH is concerned. Some fish like low pH (below 7) some high (e.g. 8) but generally most of them will be OK in a range pH 6-8. If you are not experienced I would suggest you to start with fish which in nature live in water of pH approx. 7.6. Otherwise read about water chemistry (pH, GH, KH, alkalinity et cetera) before you add anything to change your water pH. It is easy to change the pH but very hard to keep it stable on that changed level. Also if you plan to use CO2 this will definitely lower the pH of your water. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X