Glow Light Tetras Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow Light Tetras Question

I have 4 Glow Light Tetras that I bought from one of the members. There are 3 females and 1 male, and the females are very plump with, what I assume to be, eggs. I researched them a bit and my water parameters are not quite right for them to breed, but I'm fine with that for now, I think. My question is, will the females have any ill effects for carrying, what I believe to be, eggs for very long? I mean, will they become eggbound or something and try to die on me if I don't make them spawn? I really like these little guys, and I don't want to hurt them, so should I try to change the water to make it more favorable for them so they can breed? Let me know what you guys think!

Rebekah

Re: Glow Light Tetras Question

IMO if all is healthy she will either just drop them or have them.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Rebekah, They have spawned for me before but all the eggs used to get eaten before i could reach them. If you wanna spawn them just set them up in a 2.5 g with loads of java moss and the tank getting slight sunlight. They spawn in the mornings at first light. If you leave them in the community tank they will just drop the eggs as EK said. They are egg-scatterers.
      Checkout my blog AquaMusing
      sigpic

Comment

Cool! I have a 2.5 that I can use! Maybe one of these days I will just have to experiment!! Hehehe! Thanks for the replies guys! I really appreciate it!

I have another question though...what do Corrie cat eggs look like? I have a small cluster of eggs in one of my plants and they are tiny, clear, and round. They would be impossible to take a pic of too... maybe they are just some pesky snail eggs, but I'm kinda curious to see what y'all come up with!

Rebekah

Comment

Working...
        X