October-November Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October-November Meeting

For those that are members and for those wanting to become a member NASH will be having a meeting/collection trip so through local bodies of water to collect plants and possibly fish. If all goes planned we will have a guide that will bring us to some of the nice spots to collect plants which would be cool and possibly see the secret location where HC has been spotted, we will also have members there that are really fluent in aquatic plants so they will be able to help identify the plants found and possibly some of the fish.

Next months meeting should be on the 13th which is the second saturday but we are trying to figure out a date between now and November to have this collection trip.

For those that are interested please chime in.....and as far as membership goes I believe the first meeting is free and after that I will have to have the president of one of the other board members to chime in in that. Also I know that a fishing license/permit will be needed for collecting fish but we are still trying to figure out if there will be one needed for collecting plants so updates with that info will be done at a later date.

Thanks!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: October-November Meeting

It sounds like fun to me! Keep us posted on the dates.

max

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
      possibly see the secret location where HC has been spotted
      8O  I've been looking all over for this, but it's really hard to figure out what's emersed growth and what's just a terrestrial plant! That would be a lot of fun. Count me in!
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I will try and keep this up to date as possible.....I have seen the HC which was local emersed....really cool too.

I have some growing emersed right now in my tank...it decided to uproot itself and the live on the rim of my tank and the upper portion of the lights legs.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I would get a fishing license just to be safe, if there is any possibility that you could accidentally catch a fish I wouldn't risk it. It's cheap insurance and it could really save a headache, and wallet-ach, down the road.
          So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

That's funny about your HC!

Yeah, I agree with Fire_chair. I need to renew mine anyways, and so many of my tanks are native that it's just not a good idea for me to go to a body of water without a license!
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Do you guys have any pics of some of the native fish that you are keeping if any?

Comment

Mine are in outdoor ponds so I never photograph them. Maybe some of you have them in glass tanks?

max

Comment

Looking forward to the collection trip. Hope we decide the date soon!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:
                  Checkout my blog AquaMusing
                  sigpic

Comment

Amen to that...but if you guys wait too late in the year insulated waders may be in order...LOL!!!

Comment

Nope I was there at the last meeting and i am sure every one is aware of that and would try to have it in probably in the last week of October.
                      Checkout my blog AquaMusing
                      sigpic

Comment

Good to see HFB set up a NASH subforum.  Thanks, guys!

Quoc and Bush, good job!  

Lemme know either via PM in APC if or whenever you guys want me to make a post here as well about club events and activities.  

I just drop by to say hi and also let Quoc know I got his PM.  Let me know what else you guys need.

Paul

Comment

ohhhh this sounds like fun.  Where do I get a license?  To whom do I pay NASH dues?
                          5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
                          20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
                          29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
                          29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
                          29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
                          55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
                          75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
                          / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

We hope that by joining this local forum, you as well as our club members benefit from each other by sharing knowledge and experience in both aquatic plants and fish keeping; For those who want to learn more about aquascaping please feel free to ask any questions you may have, post your pictures and always ask even if you think what you have to say sounds silly.
                            The Nature aquarium society of Houston first meeting was held in January 2004 and since we have been able to bring speaker at list once a year and gather once a month or as time allows our members to do it.
                            Our club counts with many rare plants and awesome benefits like store discounts and members that can get fish close to whole sale price for our members as well as knowledge in digital photography among other things.
                            Our first meeting is free to any one new, but if you decide to join, we will ask you to donate 25.00 annually to the club for individual membership and 30.00 for family.
                            Aquatic plants is all we talk but there is also other club members that are fish keepers as well so you will always have some one to talk to.
                            Many thanks again for letting us be part of HFB.
                            Best regards,
                            Luis Navarro (NASH member)

Comment

The fishing license can be had at any Wal-Mart, Academy etc......would probably be best to get both fresh and salt license but if not at least fresh.

Dues are to be paid to the treasurer I believe at the meetings.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X