my tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my tanks

100_0909_787.jpg100_0907_105.jpg100_0905_338.jpg100_0906_156.jpg100_0904_149.jpg100_0899_110.jpg
    here they are :-)
    going to be in a couple of different posts (at least two)
    Last edited by imagirlgeek; 09-09-2010, 11:44 AM. Reason: Adding photos back into thread
    5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
    20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
    29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
    29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
    29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
    55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
    75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
    / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Re: my tanks

Doesn't the bunny fur clog up your filters  

Cute bunny, oh and nice tanks too.
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

more :-)

100_0890_198.jpg100_0891_497.jpg100_0897_178.jpg100_0887_619.jpg100_0888_212.jpg
      Last edited by imagirlgeek; 09-09-2010, 11:46 AM.
      5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
      29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
      / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Cool start. Ide get some blue or back background on them and it will look even better

Comment

What you really need is a TANKBUSTER.  
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

How did you get Petco to give you anything, the only thing they ever give me is a receipt.  I buy my cat and dog food there and always make the rounds of the fish department, just to remind myself why I don't buy fish there.  The one closest to me on 290 has a pitiful fish area, the one on Shepherd at San Felipe is a little better.  If you want a temporary background you can use a towel or just about anything else taped on the back.  I had a blue sweater across the back of one of mine for a long time, until I remembered I had the sweater and wanted to wear it  :)   That's a really nice piece of holey rock in the fry tank, lots of holes for them to sneak around in.

Comment

Well i actully saw a sign at Petco saying they will give a 4th or 5th grade teacher a complete 10g setup for thier classroom.  

I also get many 2$ off coupons for doing a survey, as well as mailed coupons for free or discounts.

I personaly have had luck with petco

Comment

Nice tanks!

You are hosting your pictures through HFB which brings up that bigger box around the pictures. If you host it offsite then it will come up as a regular picture and there is also a lot more space to use up too.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions.  I don't have a back for the platy tank because I need the sun for my plants :-)  The Angel tank is temp until I get the new 55 on Thursday so I'm not doing a whole lot.  Their new tank won't have plastic plants ;-)  I am going to get some blue butcher paper from school to put behind the guppy tank.  I may get enough for the 55 if I remember.  The holey rock is from cberry.  I have slate for the 55 )or the 75 if I decide what to do with the bunny :?   Anyone know what the pic of the "what is it" would happen to be?  As far as petco giving me anything, I was talking to the manager and said I had angels and he said "oh..we have an angel someone brought in because their other fish were picking on it.  He gave me the angel and the unknown fish.  Please help me identify.
                  / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

I sometimes take the surveys as well and after every 10 bags of dog and cat food I get a free one.  I know some people do have good luck with Petco, it may just depend on the individual store.  That's great that they will supply a teacher with a tank for her classroom. Let's get them hooked at an early age, hopefully the attraction to fish will remain as they get older.

Comment

The fish with the angel looks like a turquoise rainbowfish which mike has a bunch of if you want to get more so that it won't feel lonely.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

It is not a Turqiuoise Rainbowfish...but rather a more common Australian Rainbowfish...$2.99 at Petsmart. Beautiful nonetheless. And a male at that... as he gets older, his body will widen a bit.
                        Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I stand corrected......

they all look the same.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

hey..he was free with the angel from petco.  I just knew I wanted to know the name lol.  He was in the same tank as the angel and had been dropped off at petco by the same person (because they were picked on).  Thanks to Naomi I now have lights on ALL my aquariums woohoo.  I had the glass lids, so the hoods weren't important, but I'm sure I will find a suitable use.  Also, I have a 10 gal (I didn't know what size it was until I measured and put the measurements into that nifty difty Aquarium volume website).  Nothing planned for it yet, but I'm sure I'll find a use lmao. oh.... Are the rainbowfish docile?  Should I be concerned about him being with other fish smaller than he?
                            / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

oh..and by the way... I asked about a tank for my classroom (lol like I don't have enough) and they said it was for the younger grades...not 7th.  :?
                              / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Working...
                              X