Walmart Aponogeton/lily bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart Aponogeton/lily bulb

Anyone had any luck with these? I bought a pack of each and dropped them in my tank.

Re: Walmart Aponogeton/lily bulb

Yep, great growers but not all the bulbs grow.  I kept them out of the tank till they sprouted then half planted them in.. They took off so fast I could almost see the lily grow in front of my eyes.
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a fish a man, and he'll eat for weeks!

Comment

Some work some don't and some are not even what it is listed as.

Try to keep then in good circulation or at least some circulation since the bulbs can and will rot if they are buried or in a "dead spot" they don't fair well with fish picking at them too.

Keep us updated on their progress!
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yea i first just dropped them into place, but my BN seemed to like them :)

So i pulled them out and put then in a damp paper towel and placed that in a pastic bag. Put the bad on top of my cable box. From what i read this is how you get best results. I will check them out in a couple days and hope some spout. Those that do i will go ahead and bury into the gravel.

Lets see what happens. If i have any luck with these i might go buy some other plants that dont require CO2 system and low light and turn my guppy/platy tank into a semi planted tank.

Comment

The lily bulbs work pretty well, the ones that dont grow you can send back to the 'manufacturer' and get replacement bulbs. Although it probably wont be worth it for just a couple dead bulbs.

Comment

Researching them i find some mixed result. Some get great results and some do not gte a thing.

But many seem to get them to flower, and by rubbing the flowers togeather get new seeds on the apon. Also appears that they go dormant and look like they are dying many times, but if you remove the bulb and store them in a dark cool place for 4 weeks they will start to regrow if you throw them back into the tank.

Ill share the progress... maybe ill make this into a picture progress thread :)

Comment

I plopped some into one of my tanks a few weeks ago, and 2 out of 3 are growing great. I just bought another big one to replace the one I couldn't get to grow, but I only put it in yesterday... My corries liked to kick the bulbs around... They don't seem to mind though, they are growing great so far!

Rebekah

Comment

Here's a kinda bad pic of one of them...it had been kicked over into some crypts before I took the pic, but I moved it right after. Didn't really feel like getting the camera wet.  :P

Rebekah

Comment

Mine worked great. I got lucky and had at grow. I've had them for a couple years now.
                  Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                  Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                  Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                  Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

mine grow on and off, i just left them in and every few months i get plants out of them again. intresting.
                    Never fear I is here
                    David Abeles
                    Vice President
                    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Have had good luck with most of them growing

Comment

Working...
                      X