Sand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sand

What are some good plants that would grow and survive in sand? :?

Re: Sand

Most to any but the problem with sand is that it will compact and trap gas in it which becomes anerobic which in turn is lethal when disturbed. It will also make it harder for plants to root and eventually kill off the plant.

I learned the hard way but it works....

I have Tahitian moonsand in my first planted tank and what I used was Seachem's flourish root tabs to keep the plants healthy and dosed a lot into the water column to keep them feeding properly. After about six months or so most of my heavy root feeders started dieing off and a lot of bulb plants rotted giving the water a really bad smell. With sand you will have to steadily keep the substrate aerated whether you sift through it yourself or uproot and replant frequently.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Sounds like a job for MTS or Koolie Loaches,    
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

MTS could barely get the job done since I intentionally added them to my tank in order to keep the sand aerated but I never tried Kuhli loaches.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Well I do have a Kuhli loache in the 55g I will have to see if I can find him since it a jungle in there WHat about

Cardamine
          Rotala<<
          Dwarf Sagittaria
          Jungle Val<<

In case I can find soe exept <

Comment

You'll never find him without taking down the entire tank
            because they hide iunderground.
            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Yep thats true  even harder with all the over grown and way out of control moss :?

Comment

Working...
              X