Dang...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang...

I was at Mike's the other day and he showed me the Mollies that he got from one of the members... I WANT SOME!!! LMAO!! But seriously, I REALLY like the green lyretails that he has. My grandma lives in the next town over from Goliad, so maybe I will pay the fish farm a visit the next time I go over there! I was looking around their site, and they have some pretty neat things... I'm thinking maybe a trio of them for a moderately planted 10 gallon... Do y'all think that is pushing the space limit a bit? The website says that they will get up to 5 inches... Somebody give me some feedback!!!

Rebekah

Re: Dang...

Those were some huge mollies!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

They probably wont get upto 5" in a 10 gallon. Youd probably be better off in a 20long.

Comment

The ones I saw at the auction were already pushing 5".

I would go with a 20g long minimum!
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I personally have a thing for Sailfins...but 2 males in a 20 gallon with females might cause territory battles...
          I got my 55 just to give my 4 females and 1 (surviving!) male room to grow and chill.
          I used to catch Green Sailfins when I was a young lad and all the bayous in Houston weren't cemented over; they were awesome...I really like the Lyretail Green Mollies, and just got some 2 month old pairs.
          I might suggest you check with Islander and see if he has some he'd cut loose of. He had the most beautiful 4"+ male, which he sold to Mike Truong; I don't know if he has any fry,  but you might PM him.
          I will have some 2 month old Platinum Sailfin Mollies to give away in a few weeks; PM me if you want some.
          Working for a better Future for my Fish!

Sailfin Mollies, Plecos, Corys,, 1 lonely Jewel Cichlid

Comment

Yeah, I was just thinking of getting one trio...1 male and 2 females. I'm just kinda turning it over in my brain, I don't think I will be getting any REAL soon. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Rebekah

Comment

Howdy,

Goliad Farms do not sell from their place for safety reasons the fish farm  is closed to the public...Sorry!

The Clapsaddles do sell diretly to shops all over Texas and US or you can do a mail order but gets expensive with shipping. There is a page on their website saying wich fish stores they sell to.   Or if you can can wait till the next HAS or HLA auction give me your wish list and I will ask Cara, Charles or Susan to put these fish in and they might.

Or in the mean time I have 2-3 month old offspring from the Green lyretail saifin, Green Sailfin and Bronze Sailfin that Mike has.  They are an inch or more and can probably sex them.  Same deal I gave Philbert 6 for $5.  The these small ones are fine in a 10 gallon until they get 2" but it will stunt their size unless you want to keep a 3" pair in a 10 gallon.  Mark and I keep our breeding pairs of mollies in 20 gallon and trio in a 30 gallon.  If you have 30 gallon or larger uncrowded tanks to grow the mollies out in you can get them to grow almost an inch a month.

The Exlarge mollies that Mike has are probably 8-12 months old.  Takes Mark and me about 5-6 months to grow a 3-4" breeding molly.  later, ken/mark

Comment

Hey Ken/Mark do you have other livebearers that you breed? I might be interested in a pair or trio of those bronze sailfins but if you breed other stuff we could make the trip to meet up more worthwhile!
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Howdy EK and all,

Yes, we also have some black sailfin mollies and the stock came from Goliad Farms.  There blacks sailfins sold for $58 a pair at the ALA convention this year.

We breed hifin & plume tail platies, they are mostly Variatus and working with the marigold and rubynose. We might have a few marigold that are normal fins out of plume tail or hifin stock and could throw in a a male of each to breed with.

We breed the hifin and lyretail swordtails in the albino pineapple, orange, albino red & koi.  We usually have some normal fins for sale and will have the hifin & lyretail ones later.  We do have one beautiful orange hifin/lyretail male, that is more for display and cheap in price because the males gonipodium is to big for breeding.  Only have orange and pineapple in the regular fins now.

We also have some wild type X. stock.  

Will try and make it to Bob Teagues place next weekend for the HAS meeting and could bring fish then.  Later, ken/mark

Comment

The albino reds and the kois sound interesting.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Howdy Ek & All!

It might be spring before we have any of these available.  YES they are really beautiful a little slower growing and a lot of culling to keep them large in size and the darker orange/red color.  The koi have the red eyes also and one of the females we have has red cheeks.  

We were starting a line of twin sword swordtails with hifins in the orange; we sent our stock to Goliad Farms because we were running out of space.  They were looking like they had potential.  Later, ken/mark

Comment

Working...
                      X