SUCCESS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUCCESS!

My 55 gal currently has about 20 or so of Steve and Loretta's mystery fry, about 7 or so sunshine peacocks of Mike's(Hanson) and the 4 brichardis.  
    I know I will have to thin out the tank eventually...but I wanted to give these fish a chance to grow (as well as the fish at school).  
    My 30 at school still has the 7 hybrid.  10gal (a) has Cesar's Iceburgs, 10gal (b) has probably 20 or so of the sunshine peacock's left in it lol.  Here at the house, my 10gal has my guppies, 20(a) is empty, 20(b) has my angels and a few of cichlidfan and loretta's mystery fry, 20(c) has some itty bitty jaguar's. The 75 still houses the bunny ;-).  The 55 was my biggest concern.  I started with the mystery fry...I believe they have totally doubled in size while in the tank.  I freaked out today begging Mike to text me if he thought the brichardi would do okay in the same tank with the mystery babies.  The sunshine peacocks fit perfectly within the holes of the holey rock that cberry gave me.  They are all swimming around eating and making merry...gloriously happy.  WOOHOOOOOO!   I am gloriously happy!!!!  I get my other 55 next thursday and the 75 should be making progress by NEXT weekend.  Anyway... thought I would share.   My house is truly a fishbox showcase on a small scale :-) oh yeah...chris, the snail is very busy eating the other little snails lol.
    5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
    20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
    29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
    29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
    29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
    55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
    75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
    / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Re: SUCCESS!

Don't forget about the Plecos I'm bringing tomorrow!  Do you want a couple angels too?

Comment

I dont know why they eat other snails. But they do!!

With the 75's only $50 at Mikes, you should make some racks.

Comment

wellllllllll
        I have the tanks placed in precise places around the house.  I have quite a bit of room and have a unique way of rearranging lol.  I am going to put the 75 on bricks.. no stand.  I am really liking the idea.  I have the 55 on a stand with a 20 underneath.  I have a space for another tank under one of the other 20's. lol.  I am putting the 55 I am getting next week on the fireplace hearth.  That was originally going to be home to the 75, but I like it being in the spare room...even on the floor.  I have space to lie on my stomach with a good book and enjoy it.  Anyway... Ty everyone for contributing to my obsession.  This is one obsession that is quite beneficial to my stress release from my 140 wanna be gangstas lol.
        5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
        29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
        / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

oh wait wait wait... I forgot about my 2 chocolate plecos and my lone danio and clown loach.  Yes.. I will prob get another clown loach or two to keep each other happy.
          / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Or you could just give me the clown loach and hed be happy in my tank.
            :P

What do you mean putting on bricks? You can make a 2 x 4 stand for about $10.

Comment

*shrugs*  I think the bricks are kind of cool.  a 2x4 stand for a 75?  *kicks the dirt* to me the bricks will be stronger lol.  Actually, the bricks are so I can test it...and I haven't thought much further ahead than that.
              / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

What do you think my 75 is sitting on?

They make houses out of 2x4, just so you know :P

Comment

well dblondfemme what you gonna put in that 55 from me??

Comment

lmao true enough... I may just have to do some carpentry.  I was just laying on the floor, looking at my 55 tank.  My fries were swimming into the current from the dual filter.  It almost as seemed as though they were enjoying the game of racing each other in an uphill battle.  Then I watched my angel (temp) tank.  They swam right up to the top for their feeding.  They aren't quite as shy as they were when I first put them into the tank.  *sighs* I love this method of relaxation.
                    / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

That is going to be my angel tank
                      / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

The only difficulty I've found with having tanks on the floor or too low to the ground is it takes forever to vac the gravel.  up higher they vacuum much easier.

Just my $.02

Sounds like you're enjoying them a great deal - that's what it's all about!

Laterz,
                        Spot
                        The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
                        Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

i had a tank on the floor for awhile.  i hated it cause i cant see my babys.  lol

Comment

Well as Reba stated in the opening post all her tanks are doing well.  I visited her school today to make a delivery of some fish and I have to say those who have helped with advice and donated items should feel proud.  The tanks I saw looked great.  Fish were happy and not over crowded, colors are really showing, and all 3 of the tanks were super clean with some very unique decorating.  A+ for Reba!

Comment

awwwwwwwwww  
                              Ty Chris.
                              Right now, my kids see me syphoning every Monday morning after the fish get their Monday feeding and are in a food coma.  Soon, I will begin assigning jobs.  I think you were able to appreciate Hanson's hybrid (nicknamed AZUL by my kiddos) even though he is a bit mixed up about which type of cichlid he is.  Your angels are chilling at the house.  One of your plecos is cleaning the hybrid tank at school, and the other is cleaning here at home.  I may have to create an angel tank at school.  The kids were so impressed with their size and finnage that it was hard to get my classes to concentrate for the rest of the day...then again... it was/is Friday.  Thanks for everything.
                              / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Working...
                              X