babys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• babys

My lemon labs just had babys.  i rescued the only 2 i saw. they are tiny fry.  what do i feed them.  i have them in a fry net basket thing.  what to feed???

Re: babys

I feed mine crushed flake food.
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

There may be more fry than you see right now.  If she just spit them out, they may be hiding.  Or, a couple may have escaped and she could not retrieve them back into her mouth.   As Arm suggested, crushed flake or B, if you have any available, would be great.
      Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

yeah.  iwas in the process cleanin the tank and notice the first one.  then while i was siphonin i saw a second one.  i woulda stped cleanin wheni saw them but i already had everything outta the tank and half done when i saw them.

Comment

Does the mother fish still have a bulge in her throat that's noticeable?  If so, she's not through releasing the fry.

Comment

i dont know to tell the truth.  im almost for sure its one of my labs but im not totally.  think it is though. but i dont see any of them with a bulge and havent eitehr.  i wasnt evan expecting.  lol  the fry are a yellowish tint so that y i tink it maybe my lemon labs but i dont know which one

Comment

Yellow lab are pretty yellow right off the bat.  On some you can even see the black stripe on the dorsal.  They look just like miniature yellow labs by the time they are released.

Comment

well then they maynot be.  there not real real yellow

Comment

What other fish are in the tank?  They may be labs, just not real yellowed up yet.

Comment

well i have a mix of africans from the malawi lake.  i though they were all the same until about 1 week ago i found out that most are a mix of different sections of the lake.  lol.  didnt know.  im learning.  but ihave some orange ones, a big light blue one, 1 bumble bee, and some purpleish ones that looked like my blue ahli.  do im not sure.  since i just recently learned something major about them.  i gotta figure what they are out.   lol

Comment

Working...
                    X