Angels Breeding,breeding,breeding,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angels Breeding,breeding,breeding,,,

I get about 1 batch of freeswimmers each week, in community tanks. The adults can protect the eggs and fry, but once they get freeswimming the young are gone in about a day. This has been going on for a couple months in three tanks; I can't stand to watch any more. Any ideas how to stop them ? The nursing home people called  and asked if there is anything I could do(to save babies).
    It looks like some young went into a canister filter in the last day or 2; any chance they survived?

Re: Angels Breeding,breeding,breeding,,,

If you can find their off switch you're doing better than me   .  The only way to save the babies would be to net them out and raise them away from their parents.  I doubt any that went into the filter would survive, if they did it would only be for a day or two.  If you know which are males and which are females you could remove some until there are only males.  Females have been known to pair with another female and lay infertile eggs which is why I suggest males only if you want to stop the egg laying completely.
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Re: Angels Breeding,breeding,breeding,,,

You can put pantyhose on the intake to avoid the angels getting sucked up.  I've been raising baby guppies and might be interested in raising baby angels if you want to get them to a good home.

Comment

Working...
      X