HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP

Man im pissed came home today and was lookin at my fish and my blue ahli is what i think he is called.  doesnt matter.  
    hes hurt or something.  he was fine yesterday for as best i could tell.  heres what he looks like today.  whats wrong.  is he just beat up.  
    i do have one aggressive fish in my tank that is kinda mean.  he bullys everyone to one side of the tank all the time. but didnt see them fighting of anything.  
    Hes a purple strip kinda orange fin on top.  hes about to get gone.  but for now.  HELP.

Re: HELP

his fins are kinda tatteree and torn and his sides are ruffed up like his skins frayin off.  he was yesterday well for sure the day before.  i didnt notice anything is what im sayin till today.  if its somekinda fungus or sickness,  it cant set in that quick can it???  he looks beatup.  fins tattereed and stuff.  but this just developed within today and maybe yesterday but i dont think so cause i dont remember him lokin any diff.  yesterday.

Comment

Probably getting beat up and now that its weak the others are targeting it.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

im thinkin so too.  if it was say somekinda infection like fin rot or something wouldnt that take a few days to really set on????

Comment

It could have been suppressed.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

sickness?  if sickness, his skin and fins can  deteriorate that rapidly???   i treated him with pimafix  so we will see i guess.

Comment

Sounds like what happened to my fish. Probably got picked on and got infected. If its not to late quarantee him and add some primafix or melafix.
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

yeah i QT him and am treatin with pimafix.  and added a little stress coat with aloe to help.     my fish did look like the pics of yours yesterday.   im pissd.  everything was goin good. lol.

Comment

What is his status?
                  Resident fish bum
                  330G FOWLR
                  34G Reef
                  330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                  28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                  Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

hes still the same.  no worse no bettter

Comment

Aquarium salt helps....
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

yeap.  forgot to mention that. fisrt thing i realy did is salt him a QT tank and heat it up to like 82

Comment

I think salt, warm temps and frequent water changes and if it's eating a nice staple would get him back into shape in no time.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

lets hope so.  think i should still do the pimafix?? or maybe melafix.  helps with fisns??  how much salt in a 10 gallon QT tank?

Comment

I add 1tbsp per 5gallons and keep in mind when you do water changes only replace the what was taken out gallon wise.

I don't use Primafix and never have....used melafix on a few occasions but the water changes probable had a better chance.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X