Tuesday 11 September 2001 Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 11 September 2001 Anniversary

Six years and a couple of hours ago, the tragic events of 11 September 2001 changed all our lives.

I'm hoping you all join me in taking a few minutes to remember this anniversary of the worst national tragedy of our times.
    To those who lost family and friends, all our prayers go out to you.

Investigate 911, it was an inside job, period.

Steve LaForce
    Cypress, TX
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Re: Tuesday 11 September 2001 Anniversary

Where were you when this happened?  I was up in College Station at the time.  It was the strangest day that I had ever lived.  It was like the entire town just shut down.

My hat is off to the men and women that are fighting now to keep this from happening again.

-Michael

Comment

I just got to work when I was a welder and everyone was crowded around the radio.....
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I was in 10th grade in a math class... The whole school shut down and we were kept in our 3rd period classes... We watched a garbled TV screen as the second tower fell... A lot of us thought it was a joke at first! I guess we really knew it was real, but we didn't want to believe it.

Rebekah

Comment

I was in college, and our prof at the time was a jacka**, so when he said a plane crashed into one of the towers I thought he was jerking us, then I noticed the crowd growing outside the class in the hallway watching our t.v.

I walked out, and saw the first tower burning.  I watched as they were interviewing people on the street, at the time it looked like it was just a freak accident.  I then walked back into the classroom, then maybe not even 5 minutes after one of my classmates came in, and said that it happened again I go back out, and watch as they show the replays of it crashing into the tower.  I watched in disbelief as the first one collapsed, and knew the second one wouldn't last much longer. :(

We all knew what it was when the second one crashed, and began debating on who's a** we as a country were going to destroy.

I was in san Antonio at the time, and being the military city that it is you noticed their presence almost immediatley they had several fighter squads scrambled around the city.  That was a weird drive home :?

Comment

I was on my way to work. I had install a pioneer flip out screen in my truck so I could catch the local news for traffic updates. I was on 59 heading toward town when they reported the first one. My co worker called and said the Muslims are attacking us. By the time I got to campus, the second plane hit. I stayed in my truck and watch the news report for about half the day.

It was a erie feeling as my job is located directly under Southwest flight path to hobby airport.

Comment

I was a sophmore and had heard people say it jokingly in the hallway on the way to geography class, once i was in there the teacher confirmed and wheeled in a tv for new footage. such a tragedy.

Comment

I was walking out of my apartment, and caught a glimpse of the first plane hitting the towers.

I walked to the bus station to go to the campus, and while I was waiting this girl walked up and said another plane had just hit the other Tower.

by the time we got onto campus, the story was out, and people could not believe that the towers had fallen.  That was a total shock.

It was a very weird situation in my Fluids Dynamics Class; our professor was from Turkey and Muslim.  All he wanted to do was talk about it, in a open way, and it was really hard for many of us.  It's Texas A&M with a large amount of Military Academy ROTC people attending the school, and a very republican school.

All I could think of was how someone would want to **** with normal people just wanting to go to work.  I mean the Pentagon, the White house, and other DC government buildings I could understand those, but the Towers?  That's just people going to work, not government agents or political people.  Just people like me and you.

Then the next few days of 24 hour coverage and replays of the tragedy was really hard to watch.
                380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

yeah but the twin towers were and iconic structure for the united states. of course they would pick something like that to hit...aside from how tall they are and relatively close to the coast. i still can't believe it happened.

Comment

I just woke up at firestation 33's. I was there working the loooong night before and was awaken by one of the rookies at the station shouting that one of the twin towers was struck by and airplane! I thought they had to be joking until I made it to the t.v. in the lounge and relized it was no joke. It is hard to believe it has been a long six years. As a matter of fact I could not make the trip to N.Y this year with all my buddies (tears) they have been calling all day rubbing it in and telling me about all the good times they are spending with the F.D.N.Y. Thanks for the thread, and for remembering all those that gave their life on that tragic day.

Comment

Hit enter twice! Sorry

Comment

I had a dr. appt that day... I sat at home watching the news and heard about the first plane... watched the second plane...and cried.  I went to the appt. and everyone was hysterically running around.  I finally make it work.  I wanted to be with my kids (students). I knew they wouldn't understand.
                            After finally being admitted to the building, it was silent.  The principal had locked the school down.  I went into my room and was met by 30 HUGE eyes.  They were eyes of unknowing and eyes of fear.  I found my little RCA tv that only gets 13 channels.  Those same students stayed with me all day.  I explained things the best way I could.  30 pair of eyes stayed glued to the news, for the rest of the day, from the floor, with the blinds drawn, the lights out, and the door locked.  I just wanted to make myself into a giant shield and protect them.  One of my students lost his uncle and then his mom.  He was absent that day - I didn't know they were in NYC.  All three were in the hospital for days and weeks after, and only he made it out.
                        5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
                        20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
                        29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
                        29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
                        29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
                        55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
                        75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
                        / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

The plane that "went down" in Pennsylvania was less than 10 minutes flying time from my parents.  My brother was begged to re-enlist (he was in Desert Storm).  At the time, he had a gf w/4 kids.  He was their supporter.  He didn't really get along with my parents, but he felt his job was to stay around them.  They all begged me to come home, fearing Houston was too dangerous.  In reality I was more scared for my family in Western MD.  The whole situation... had me make some changes in my life.
                          5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
                          20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
                          29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
                          29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
                          29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
                          55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
                          75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
                          / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Working...
                          X