Need Help!!! ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help!!! ASAP

Hey all need some advice, I got a German Red from Raul yesterday afternoon all was fine until I got home from work today and he is near death. It looks like some kind of infection but might be an attach but he was the most aggressive one when I put him in. But here is a pic let me know if you have any advice. I quarantined him and added aquarium salt, Primafix natural antifungal, and Tetra Aquasafe. Doesnt look good. You can see in the pic where i think the infection is.
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Re: Need Help!!! ASAP

if you did all that already, there isn't much else you can do but wait....
    Resident BUM !!!

Comment

OMG!

I missed this post.  Geoff was just telling me about it.  I'm sorry to hear this.  He wasn't sick that I knew of.  He looks stressed out by looking at his color.  The last pic looks like some scale damage on the side behind the gills.

I made sure you both had the opportunity to see them both before bagging them.  Here is a pic of what he looked like before.

Again, I'm sorry.  

Raul
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

is the darb's fish still with us?
        5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
        20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
        29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
        29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
        29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
        55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
        75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
        / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

i hope so. looked to me more like someone beat the crap out him. especially if it hapened that fast. takes most infections that are that visable a few days to show. if it was aggression usaully they heal up ok. at least mine have come back and i mean even from some bad ones. so i hope he is still with us.
          Never fear I is here
          David Abeles
          Vice President
          Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Looks like a good old fashion butt whoopin!

do a water change and while you are doing it change up the decorations......but you might want to give the guy some alone time to sulk on the beat down he just got and let him heal first.

Make sure you have good aeration going on in the tank with the use of primafix and I think Melafix would be better suited along with some aquarium salt/sodium chloride I believe is what it is.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

who's the culprit?

Comment

Sorry went to bed soon after was not feeling well. He didnt make it TOD 7:48AM. Its alright Raul its not your fault, he was fine until I got home last night and it looks like an infection to me. The dark area behind his right gills got worse in the morning with some white and red areas. The female is doing fine, I can not tell if it was an attack induced or not I did find any clear cut bite marks but I could have missed it. I am having bad luck with the Germans.
                Resident fish bum
                330G FOWLR
                34G Reef
                Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Sorry to hear man.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Big Bummer .....Hope that's the last fish you lose for quite some time.....if you want, come by sometime and I'll turn you on to some of Hanson's infamous mystery (maybe Sunshine) peacocks Juvies if you like.

CF
                    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

No more fish till I move and put the ones I have into the 125 that I have. But I might take you up on the offer at that time.

Thanks guys & gals for the help
                      Resident fish bum
                      330G FOWLR
                      34G Reef
                      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Working...
                      X