Suggestions wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions wanted

I have an additional 20 long or even a 29 I want to setup as a livebearers tank. About the only thing I know for sure I want are endlers. Obviously with the endlers I do not want to mix guppies as I dont want hybrids.

Here is where I need help. The setup: I figured a planted tank, I want the babies to be able to try and survive on their own (no breeder boxes or extra tanks). I have a couple pieces of driftwood I could work with as well as some java fern and java moss. I am open for any suggestions.

As for fish besides endlers, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Suggestions wanted

my preference would be the 20L with lots of val

cardnals
    Rasboras
    pigmy cats
    Koolie loaches
    rabauti
    rosy loaches,
    T. hengeli
    dwarf longfin plecxos
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

yeah.  i love koolie loaches.  man . i realy really want a pair of those guys.  they are awesome.   personaly i like the rosy barbs too.  theyre nice.  i have a school ofthem but i cant get mine to breed successfull.  i have tried everything,  and ahve given them plenty of room, hidin spots, all kinda stuff.   but one day maybe the magic will happen, but tetra would be something else. they nice.

Comment

Mikes got Koolie loaches

Comment

Yeah I have thought about some koolie loaches, I really like those guys. What would be a good substrate to use? I figured sand would be good to use

Comment

ill have to go

Comment

yeah i think i will be stopping by mikes place tomorrow as i will be in that area anyway. anything else anyone thinks i should look for?

Comment

I think that with the Kuhli loaches you have to have a group of 4 or more. They like to burrow under the sand, so if you want to see them, use gravel. Mike has some REALLY good looking ones in the same tank as his guppies! I have 4 of them right now, but I'm planning to get 4 more from Mike tomorrow evening when I go over there. I think they are about 1.79 each or something. Very reasonable! They remind me of Slimy off of Sesame Street.   Good luck with your Endler tank!!! I really like those flashy little fish!

Rebekah

Comment

anyone gotta number for mikes place case i cant find it and gotta call him??

never mind.  found it in another post.  the pic party one.  thanks anyways. lol.

Comment

on livebearer tanks where i am leaving the fry with the parents,i usually have a couple of plastic plants floating in the top for cover.i have a 10 endlers tank,probably get 150-200 fish a year out of it.your going to have plenty of fry.as far as tankmates go,pretty much any mid water swimming fish will concider an endlers fry as food.you will probably be ok with the koolies,but i cant say that from presonal experence.i would go with endlers and a school of corys.if you need fish to start your tank,let me know.good luck.

Comment

maybe im an idiot but what are yall meaning when you say endlers??

Comment

Here's a nice pic of some!

Rebekah

Comment

thanks for the suggestions jughead. I am going to give the koolies a try. I could use some endlers. Those guys are not the easiest to find locally.

Have yours been crossed with guppies at all or are they pure endlers?

The link Rebekah put up is a good example of males, females look like female guppies, plain silver.

Thanks

Comment

i started with a bag i bought at auction.my guess would be they are pure,but these days,unless you actually catch the fish yourself,anything said about any species must be taken with a grain of salt.

Comment

nice.  i though it was like a term for some kinda variety like easy to breeds or something stupid. hell i didnt know.  lol. i feel like an idiot.  i was now where thinkin 1 certain fish type.  lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X