For my 55 and angels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For my 55 and angels?

I would like plants.  It gets some direct sun to the face of the tank... I do not know what kind of plant would work.  If you ask me about lighting I have no real answers except I bought two lights from Mike, one for the 75 and one for the 55 (the 75 is the bulbless one lmao).  It (the 55gal light) has a bulb, and it works (although I found out the hard way that the wires are exposed in a few places- a roll of electrical tape, and a few jump starts on the heart later...) the light is amazing looking on the tank-very bright and white.  What... if any... types of plants could I put into the tank that a) would grow, or rather continue to thrive b) the angels (still babies) would like?  Thank you for following my rambling...it's late, and I am not looking forward to attending to my civic duty (jury duty) tomorrow.  But I AM going..and will have a fair sort of smile on my face.
    5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
    20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
    29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
    29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
    29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
    55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
    75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
    / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Re: For my 55 and angels?

Wow! So, you got zapped! I hate electricity! I always flinch when I plug anything in...pretty silly huh...

Good luck with the angels and the plants!

Rebekah

Comment

I have swords and Wysteria in mine both seem to grow very easy.  Remond me I have some Angels I can bring when I bring the plecos.

Comment

Most low light plants will thrive if you are getting some direct sunlight but it wouldn't hurt to add a second light fixture like the one above to the tank.

Anubias
        Java ferns
        Wisteria
        Valisneria
        Cryptocoryne
        moss
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

My nanoReef had some stray voltage in it and the saltwater really help conduct the electricity.....I didn't have a voltmeter at home so the only way to know if I found the culprit was to stick my hand in the water.....

.....the fiance was not too thrilled when she found out how far I would go for my fishies...

Me, "crap wtf was that"?
          Fiance, "what happened did one of them bite you"?
          Me,  thinks in head...da## I gotta figure it out before my fishies fry!
          Fiance, looks at me all stupid while I am dipping my hand in and out of tank spurting profanity
          Me, "F*CK let this plug be it, please let it be it".
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

LMAO!!!      

Comment

what a shocking experience!

Comment

68g tank  1 month after planting

Left side is dk green java fern
                   lt green  Amazon Sword with some red cripts around the base
                behind the 3' long driftwood is itialian val starting to grow
                in front of the driftwood is a lot of small annubis
                right end (and floating on surface) is some moneywort
                clippings starting to take off.
                Hair algie bloom is finally loosing ground

currentlly home to
                10 small marble angels
                6 red & blue tetras
                4 red eye tetras
                3 albino plecos
                orange stripe pleco
                2 spotted corries
                2 cardnal tetras
                1 tiger botea

Lt fixture is 48" Coralife, no heater, Houston tap water
                and across the top in back you can see 2 dual HOB filters
                substrate is (sandblasting sand) plain gravel that I have used for forever but I have been addin Pro-Plant growth accelerator ( 1% Nitrogen
                'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

that looks awsome Phish.....it's growing nicely indeed.....good job.....

fishlady....

Comment

I would say almost anything for angels.   I wouldn't recommend any kind of thick moss that they could get tangled in.  Anubias, javas, wisteria, cambodia, ludwigia, you could put just about anything.

I love florishem since I started using it.  It killed the anacharis but it keeps all my other plants green and free of algae.  A good substrate is also important for plant health.

Great looking tank Phish Preek.

Comment

Thanks,
                      just wanted to show that you can do a planted tank on a budget.
                      Most if not all of these fish & plants were from local auctions the only big ticket item was the light fixture which I bought from another hobiest here on the Houston Fish Box.

PS my son got the 68g(tall 55) fish tank at a garage sale for $20
                      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
                      X