Livebearers Paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livebearers Paradise!

Finally finished or came close to finishing my 30g long that I am setting up for Mainly Livebearer's/community tank.

30g Long Oceanic
    Eheim 2217
    25lbs of Walnut gravel
    Native driftwood from HLA auction mounted to slate
    Limestone boulders

Xmas moss
    Anubias nana petite
    Java fern windelov

Want to keep the tank low maintenance/low light so no ferts, low light when I find it, no co2.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: Livebearers Paradise!

nice man.  i have a 30 long in my attic that i wanna put in my soon to be babys room.  itll fit on a tv stand i built yrs ago.  you kinda makin me jealous. that looks really really nice.

Comment

Thanks....I need to get a background for the tank...hopefully then it will look a bit better.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

yeah.  depends i guess.  i have my 10 and 29 right now side by side in shadow box like things in are living room that seperate livin room and kitchen.  i left them see through so both sides.  just wish i could afford to clean them up.  you know like the heater coils under the gravel, and canister filters so i could hide the hoses and wouldnt have a HOB filter.  but hey.  one day maybe.  lol

Comment

Drill them there tanks & have a wet/dry
          Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
          Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
          Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

yeah.  never though about that.  wonder if there was a way i could cheat and put 2 29 on the same wet/dry if i keep the other 29 im gettin fresh??  i have a cabinet underneath that doesnt have nothing but room.  lol.

Comment

Lookin good
              So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

I would suggest putting them on the same wet/dry. It would make life much easier on you.
                Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
                Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
                Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

If you don't want to drill you could always get an inline heater and shorten/paint the intake/output tubes so that they are bit more discreet.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Looks Nice Q. Where did you find that wood?
                    Checkout my blog AquaMusing
                    sigpic

Comment

What kind of background are you going to do? I'm setting up a community tank for my mom and she wants something that will make the fish stand out, she doesn't want all black, but she wants something colorfull. Any ideas?
                      So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Lol, I've used butcher paper from school.  Depending on the color of the fish, I chose a background that would make them stand out.  Most would not agree it was good for their homes, but for my classroom, white really allowed (especially) the fancy guppies and the bubble mollies to be seen and enjoyed...even from across the room.  I know most of you use fancy backgrounds... but you all know I go for bargain-basement.  
                        5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
                        20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
                        29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
                        29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
                        29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
                        55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
                        75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
                        / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

I have an all white board behind my Mini-M and I love how it glows with a bit of light hitting it. Also like black as well since it helps add depth to the tank which this one needs since the dw ended up being much bigger then I imagined.

I will be trying either white poster board or black cloth.

If you want something really nice and will have lots of bright colored fish...ie neons and such there is a nice background at FishRanchII that is of a large foreground of riccia pearling and what looked like tonina belems in the back....it was bright green with driftwood pictured towards the center....it looked really nice if you have nothing as far as a scape in the tank...I wanted to use it but I felt it would draw the attention away.

HFF, the driftwood came from Islander at the HLA auction....I had it soaking and boiling since then but it will not sink so I drilled it to a piece of slate and surrounded it with the limestone. I might have to get some blackwood to help ease up the left side of the dw cause it's really busy looking on the right and comes to flat on the left. Hopefully I can find something to finish it up and also need some more anubias nana petite for  it too.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i dont konw. i like the busy look on the left and kinda off on the right. i likeed that.  looks good to me but im nobody.  lol.

Comment

Well, I wanted the driftwood on the left side reaching into the right but the left side of the driftwood itself is too flat to me.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X