Peacock digging pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peacock digging pit

So the male peacock i got from Rual is acting strange today. All day he has been taking out the gravel from a hollow fake log. He also is franticaly chasing anything that gets close away. He also chases both females all over the tank. Is there a reason why he is doin this? Perhaps he wants to breed? I know when my convicts used to breed they would act in a similar fashion, but arent peacocks mouthbrooders?

Re: Peacock digging pit

i look at it as setting up his "crib" for the ladies....hehehehe.....they are indeed mouth brooders...but they all do their little prep stuff i think.....if it's the dance then in no time you'll spot a female with her mouth looking all strange and she won't be eating ......

fishlady.....

p.s. i'm sure there are experts out there that can make this sound more scientific.....lol...

Comment

You did just fine Fishlady.

He's just clearing a breeding area.  They prefer a flat smooth surface when mating.  

Hope you are ready for some fry.   :)

Raul
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

yeah my crazy cichilids,  a puple one with strips and like orange top fin, hes crazy,  he digs up like 10 pounds worth of gravel and will move it to the other side of my tank.   he cleans off like a big spot and makes a huge pile of gravel on the other side.  my loaches like him doin that cause they find food but its crazy.  he ruins my tank.  lol.

Comment

Working...
        X