Anybody seen Lucy :?:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody seen Lucy :?:

I couldn't wait to see her! So I went on Saturday to the Houston Museum of Natural Science. It was Awesome. Amazing. So wonderful that Houston's the first place to which she's ever travelled.

Just wondering if anyone's planning on going/has gone to see her!  
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: Anybody seen Lucy

<-----is a nerdy science teacher..
    and I plan on seeing her soon.  I was excited as well that she was coming here.  I also had concerns about her travel, but I am sure that they would have taken every single precaution necessary to be safe.
    This truly is history folks.... geez.... I LOVE being a NERD  
    5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
    20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
    29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
    29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
    29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
    55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
    75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
    / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Originally posted by dblondfemme";p="
      This truly is history folks.... geez.... I LOVE being a NERD oops
      Me too!! Anthropology major here.  :)

They had an article in the Chronicle a couple weekends ago, and one of the museum guys said that actually a lot of people were concerned about her travelling, but in reality she's really tough. Pretty cool! She sure looks fragile. And tiny!

The room she's in is really neat. I sort of ran through the entire exhibit to see her, then backtracked. I definitely recommend going.

Comment

Is she (LUCY) that recently discovered addition to the quote unquote missing link? or first bipedal humanoid? or something like that..... :?

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

she's the first known Hominid

Comment

I will be going next weekend.....
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Actually, no, she was found in the 70s, I think. And she's not the first known hominid, but at the time she was the most complete skeleton ever found.  :)  She was a big deal!

Comment

well, there goes my credibility

Comment

Hey, you were close! And she might have once been the first known...! I know that since I've graduated college they've found a few other species that I've never heard of.  :)

Comment

I went and saw Lucy yesterday. WOW!  The whole display was very interesting and informative. What an incredible find and how fortunate are we to be the first to have her on display?  I also recommend a walk through the Butterfly Center. It was more populated than I've ever seen it before. Check out the Imax Movie about New Orleans, that was also well done. Don't bother with the presentation about "Black Holes" in the Planetarium, it was kinda weak. Take a look at the aquarium they have too. They could use a donation of some fish from HFB Members.
                    TO BE, OR NOT TO BE ... was never a question!

Comment

Which aquarium? I remember seeing a saltwater aquarium with some corals, upstairs in the mollusk exhibit, I think. I'd be interested if there are more!!

Comment

I like old ladies. I will try to visit before she leaves. Is that by the Zoo?

max

Comment

Yup, sure is. It's also right across the street from Miller Outdoor theater.

Comment

Originally posted by guppymax";p="
                            I like old ladies.
                            max
                            That made me laugh.
                            So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Working...
                            X