Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150G Tropheus/Petrochromis Journal - Updated 4/28

See page 7 for updates.
    Last edited by J-WS6; 04-28-2009, 12:22 PM.

Re: Finally started an Mpimbwe Colony

J-WS6 -

I HAVE A COLONY OF 10 MPIMBWE. I GOT THE FROM THE SAME PERSON THAT YOURS ORIGINALLY CAME FROM. MINE ARE ABOUT 3" TO 3 1/2". I BOUGHT THESE BACK IN APRIL OF THIS YEAR. THEY WERE LESS THAN AN INCH WHEN I GOT THEM.

Comment

Junbug from Cyphos.com? He's got a nice WC colony. Let me know if you ever want to sell them  

Comment

Originally posted by J-WS6";p="
        Junbug from Cyphos.com? He's got a nice WC colony. Let me know if you ever want to sell them  

Yes, that's who I got them from...Junbug.  Funny !!! I was about to say the same thing to you. "Let me know if you ever want to sell them". !!! LOL !!!

Comment

No plans, I've been waiting too long to get a nice group of these started. Good luck with yours.

I thought this thread would have received more hits...

Comment

I don't think there is alot of members who have Fronts. I'm seriously thinking about getting me a second group, just a diffrent variant. I'm thinking maybe Kitumbas.

Comment

Nice buy!

Some have split bars/mooning though.....try and feed lots of high protein/spirulina foods....well NLS.

Khrister up north tx has kits I believe so if you wanna get some from him he's got them.

J, these little guys will grow out of the 75g fast! Mine seem to be a bit cramped in the 135g. Just a heads up before you buy another tank.....maybe try to look for an 8fter.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

8O I'm not sure my christmas bonus will be that big or if I have 8ft to spare in my apt.

Comment

I would try and get the biggest footprint tank you can 15 fronts will become really cramped soon.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Congrats on your new colony.  Your 75 gallon will be big enough until you can get your 180.  I will tell you, you will eventually have to thin out your colony once they get bigger.  16 fish in a 180 will be extremely cramped for your cyphos.  The best way to do that would be to take out the F1 males as you find them.  I think the best colony size would be no more than 10 adults in a 180.  I only have 9 adult  wc moba in my 210 because I thought that any more than that was too many.  I also have 7 wc mpimbwe in a 150 and they also seem cramped since my males are all around 11 inches or larger.  Good luck and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Supadave, I am going to have some F1 moba fry for sale really fast.  I have 19 growouts around 1/2 inch, that I will be selling once they hit around 1 inch.  Let me know if your interested.

Jeff
                    Join us at
                    http://www.allworldcichlids.com/

Comment

Nice looking group of fish there J, hope all goes well with the search for bigger tanks.... :)

CF
                      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

and thats why i didnt get into fronts, cus they get so freakin huge. maybe one day in the future i wil have space but geeze, 11 inches is big. thats eating size for me but i wouldnt eat a front, worth so much more alive then dead    good luck on ur new colony
                        Never fear I is here
                        David Abeles
                        Vice President
                        Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Tell that to the locals over in africa......bass, front, food.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i might be able to get my hands on a used 215 by the end of the year.

Comment

Not if I see it first...........

J/K..... I hope to have one before the holidays...

CF
                              Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Working...
                              X