Stumbled across this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumbled across this...

I'm pretty familiar with the majority of the tropheus variants, but I've never seen anything like this before. Even though it's a hybrid, I thought it looked kind of cool. Take a peek

Re: Stumbled across this...

Geoff, get me a couple dozen of them, would you?  

Seriously, what a gorgeous looking fish.

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

lol... being from Maryland it made me think of a Baltimore Oriole
      5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
      20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
      29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
      29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
      29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
      55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
      75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
      / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

i like to think of it as a red moliro/bemba orange flame on crack!

Comment

Eww...looks like its still a juvie.....bemba and some sort of moorii....
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

It could be bulupoint and definatley a moorii.
            380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
            300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
            180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
            150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

wonder how big they get.  how much they gonna cost a piece.  i would like some too but i need some info on them if yall can find it for me.

Comment

The norm is about 5" but most will not get that big, they will probably not go for much since there isn't really much of a market for hybrid tropheus....most try to keep the breeds pure as one hybrid released into a breeding frenzy could really put a strain on future genetics.

there are plenty of places to find more info on tropheus.....there is a sub section here, cichlid-forum.com has a library and a sub-forum, tropheusfanatics.invisionzone.com has a good amount of info and people that are willing to help, google will bring up lots of hits/links as well.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

dude that were beautiful fish.  i like pure breeds and hybrids.  i dont care.  i really like beautiful fish like that.  those would make a nice center piece of a tank.  was i readin right or was someone gonna order some???

Comment

I doubt they would sell them.....the fish pictured is still a juvenile and like most other tropheus they lose the colors and change.... different strokes for different folks...

Hybrids like parrots, flowerhorns are ok, some are cool

cross breeding tropheus imo isn't really nice.....I would pick a purebreed any day.... but when you say center piece it sounds like you want just one....these are colonial fish going much better in a group of 15 or more which would make them all your center piece.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

no when i say center piece yeah i meant like a school or them to prowel the tank.  lol.  no just center lke one but center like buncha visual of same beautiful fish.

Comment

that fish looks awesome

Comment

yeah.  i still wanna now where to be able to get some.  those were my favorite color mix.

Comment

Probably not gonna find any for sale.....buy two colonies and mix them....wait/hope they breed with each other.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

yeah true.  could do that i guess. lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X