Roatian Island Mollies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roatian Island Mollies

Does anybody know anything about them? I got some at HAS auction and I haven't found anything about them on the net.
    So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Re: Roatian Island Mollies

Do they look like this? I think you might be spelling the name wrong? I have no clue though...I just entered it into google, and it said, "did you mean..." and I was like, "sure" and I clicked it! This was the first listing... Hope I helped!  

Rebekah

Comment

That may be them. My male is still small and doesn't have the yellow fins, but  aside from that they look pretty close. I started with five about a month and a half a go and at last count I have 42; prolific little buggers. If they are the same thing then I got a heck of a deal and I may be rich pretty soon. lol Wouldn't surprise me if the name is spelled wrong because I got some red snakeskin gubbies from the same seller......

Comment

I think I saw something like that at the HLA auction....there were tons of mollies there though.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Good morning,

The wild Roatan island mollies I am pretty sure came from MustangSally (Christie) she showed them at the FOTAS show last fall and think they placed well.  She told me she bought them on aquaibid last year.  Christie would have also been selling the guppies and was at the last HAS auction.

If they were put in outside 100 gallon plus tubs or in 50 gallon or larger inside tanks they might mature fully in size and color.

If there were Roatan island mollies at the HLA auction they did not come from Goliad Fish Farms because they do not carry them.  You are probably thinking of Poecilia petenesis which are simular insize and color. http://www.goliadfarms.com/pages/pro...llies/main.htm later, ken

Comment

Hmmmm.....the first four on that page look the same to me.

Those marbeled and pigeon blood ones look awesome!
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Hey! My grandma lives right near Coleto Creek! It's right down the road from Goliad. Maybe next time I go over there I should bring a net with me! LOL Those are really cool looking!

Rebekah

Comment

Here's a thread about the safari we took to Coleto Creek last month. Lots of fun!
                HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.
                "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

After some further research, AKA looking at the fish under good lighting, I'm 99% sure they're Roatan's. If I can find a camera i'll take some pics.
                  Thanks for the help.

PS. I have about 29 two and a half day old babies that will be looking for new homes pretty soon.

Comment

If you contact Charles or Marion with the HAS one of them can probably tell you what you bought and from whom.  

Better to be sure what you have than to accidently misrespresent the fry to another hobbyist.
                    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Good idea

Comment

Could someone post a photo of a Roatian Island Mollie? I have tried to find a photo but no luck.
                        Aquabid lists by sci name, and I haven't a cliue what that is.
                        Working for a better Future for my Fish!

Sailfin Mollies, Plecos, Corys,, 1 lonely Jewel Cichlid

Comment

Only photo I've found was on Aquabid. Do a search for Roatan Island Mollies, there aren't any on there now but that's the best I can do for now.

Comment

I put it in Google and pushed "I'm feeling Lucky." It's in a different language, but it shows good pictures!

Rebekah

Comment

here is a link I found with a picture..

http://www.zyworodki.akwarysta.pl/ht...land_molly.htm[/url]

Comment

Working...
                              X