CO2 Regulators & Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 Regulators & Reviews

I'm looking for some reviews of the brands of regulators that you've tried and/or currently use. Two that come to mind that I'm thinking about are Milwaukee and Azoo. Any recommendations, etc.?

I've seen some mention that the Milwaukee regulator has problems, but is easily fixable. What's the problem that people are having? I don't know much about CO2 tanks and equipment, so I'm looking for something that I can just hook up and trust it will work.  :)  I've got a 5 lb tank with an eheim regulator and diffuser, and it works flawlessly. However, I'm not looking to spend an arm and a leg.

Thanks for any input!
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: CO2 Regulators & Reviews

have you checked out this forum?

A forum community dedicated to Aquatic tank owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about flora, fauna, health, housing, filters, care, classifieds, and more!

i know there's people on there that could give you more feedback than you might get here...just a thought

good luck
    J-WS6

Comment

Yes, and APC and AGA and more. Just looking for some advice from you guys.  :)

Comment

After much research I went with "the best" from Aquariumplants.com. It is a complete setup and best of all it comes with a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty. So far no problems, had it over 6 months. I bought mine while they were having an introductory sale, I just checked and they are $149.99 now.
        Brian

Comment

I have a friend that is using the milwaukee.

Tank pressure gauge inop....when asked about it they say its normal(?), needle valve is horrible and inconsistent but workable, and his solenoid gave up on him out of nowhere and then when a new one was sent to him it starting working again. All in all a poor regulator with good customer service.

"The Best" regulator from aquarium plants has had poor reviews from the majority of its users and I have read feedback about their customer service that states its equivilent to their regulator.

RexGrigg's....I have this one and love it! Its been about a year and I have never had to fool with it...needle valve and low pressure regulator lets me dial in a half bubble per second if I wanted to. No end of tank dump which is the main selling point IMO.

JBJ.....I wanted one of these cause they have been given good reviews and they are cheap.

Azoo....another that is cheap and workable.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thanks, you two!  :)

I'm going for the "cheap and workable" type, so I think I'll look into the Azoo and the JBJ.

I've looked at the Aquariumplants.com one and, of course, RexGriggs, but it's kinda out of my budget right now.

Comment

Well, just an update, I'm going with RexGrigg's regulator, the $115 Manual Regulator with no solenoid. (Hooray for birthdays!) I know absolutely nothing about any of this CO2 hook-up stuff, so I think it's a good idea for me to get a good, dependable one that I know will work and I don't have to fool with.

One question - Do I need to buy anything else (besides some tubing)? Or am I good to go with just the tank, tubing, diffuser, and regulator?

Comment

I would go with both co2 proof tubing and silicone tubing if you are going with a glass diffuser....

Run the co2 proof stuff from the regulator to the check valve which you would want close as possible to the diffuser then silicone from there on. Makes it easier to install the diffuser or whatever you are using to diffuse the co2.

Good choice with the rexgrigg regulator........I was lucky enough to score a working milwaukee regulator and aluminum tank for $125 the other week.....I bought it cause it was cheap but the regulator actually worked so that was a big plus!
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I got my azoo on sale almost a year ago now. Working like a charm.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
                  n

Comment

Thanks for the advice, ek!

Comment

EK (and others who have the rexgrigg set up), do you have adjust the clamp on the bubble counter each month as he says? I'm asking because my tank at home is in the corner and its kinda difficult to reach around there and have it in a place that's hidden from view and out of pawing distance of the cat.

Thanks for your opinions...

Comment

Once mine is set I really don't mess with it....I do keep an eye on the bubble count though and I have the low pressure regulator on mine which keeps the tank from dumping and it did just that.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                        X