Maybe, just maybe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe, just maybe...

After much frustration with my kribs, I finally had to look.  I have 2 pair in 2 tanks, who spend ALL their time in their stupid flowerpots (so I NEVER get to see them).  I noticed last night that the male in one tank was out so I reached in and slowly/carefully spun the pot (in place without lifting) so I could look in the hole.  No fry, no eggs on the inside walls, no reaction from the pair.  So I picked it up and really looked.  Absolutely Nothing.  I gave them a dirty look, put the pot back in and shook my finger at them.  

In tank #2, I started to do the same thing, although I had barely turned the pot when I saw little bumpies on the inside of the pot!  WooHoo - eggs?!  :dance:  No clue how long they've been there and I immediately rotated the pot back 1/2" to where it originally was and walked away so I wouldnt disturb them further.  The only problem with all this is I'm in the process of moving and planned on moving the kribs before the weekend was over.  Guess this pair will have to wait.  I haven't bothered them since, but want to keep checking.  I've heard they don't like being disturbed so I will have to just convince myself that I never saw anything.  I figured I would share this news first tho, since it will be my only breeding success other than guppies, mollies and crayfish  :)

Guess I better get busy finding out how to raise these guys.  Anyone out there have advice or tips for that?  Or a good website recommendation?
    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Re: Maybe, just maybe...

Kribs are good parents.  They take care of their young.  I feed them powdered flake food.

Raul
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

regular tropical flake just smashed up really small?  or hikari fry powder (already have some of that).
      The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
      Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

I just use regular tropical flake smashed up as fine as I can get it.  Having a little moss and a sword or Java fern in the tank couldn't hurt.  They can eat the little organisms that usually accomodate plants.

Raul
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

Exciting, congrats! Sorry, I don't have any recommendations. But like Raul said, they should do a good job as parents.

Keep us updated!  
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
          X